Okay, not really. But Alex and I did take our very first archery lesson on Saturday at Cinnamon Creek Ranch in Roanoke, and absolutely fell in love with it. I got it for Alex for a Father's Day present. All day long I was kind of nervous, and kept telling myself I probably wouldn't be very good at all. (I know, I know, positive thinking Cassie, come on!) I just have doubts (and rightfully so) about my hand-eye coordination. But...I kind of went on to shoot three arrows smack in the center of the X on the bulls eye. And I may have also envisioned myself in the middle of the podium at whatever the Olympic Games are that have the archery competition in them...the Summer Olympics? See you in 2020! The teacher was really shocked that I did it; (he said he was going to name me Mrs. X; I kind of like the sound of that!), and Alex was pretty shocked, too. When we first started, I was a little intimidated and miffed because in the little practice area where we were choosing which bow felt comfortable to us, Alex did really awesome at hitting the target and I, well, not so much...So maybe that gave me a little motivation to do better in the training area.
Alex lining up...
Moi...
Bull's Eye!
The aftermath...Some were good, other's just okay, but I was happy!
After we were inside getting our stance the way it needed to be and figuring out which hand alignments worked the best for each of us, we got to go outside to "The Zoo" where they had targets set up among the trees in a forest. The course we were on was actually called The Hunger Games course, hehe. Those two foam deer and the wild hog we shot at will be the closest I ever come to aiming at an animal with an arrow, I'm definitely not into the idea of hunting, at ALL, but it was still a lot of fun to practice "in context" so-to-speak.
"That'll do pig!"
Alex was awesome, he used a fancy recurve bow, the old-fashioned kind that are heavier and harder to pull apart. I was ridiculously proud of him!
If only foam deer were as good to eat! Lol.
Love,
Cassie










No comments:
Post a Comment