Saturday, April 6, 2013

My Marie Antoinette-Era Themed Baby Shower

On March 16, my mother, two of my amazing cousins, and one of my wonderful aunts threw me an absolutely beautiful baby shower to celebrate Auden Claire's impending arrival. My mother seriously worked so tirelessly to make it one-of-a-kind, so special, and so perfect with all of the decorations. The fact that my family drove to celebrate with me all the way from Arkansas made me so happy. We also had the special surprise of a visit from our dear family friend Nanette, who flew in from Georgia just to see us and share the day with us. It was truly a wonderful, relaxing, extravagant affair. Unfortunately my mom's camera died at the very beginning of the shower, so we have a limited number of pictures. But here are some highlights!

The wreath my mom made, welcoming the guests...


The food table, chalk-full of nothing but sweet decadence, everything with a "mini" theme


Victoria, Amanda, Lornea, Mama and Me


Two of my sweet high school friends, Danielle and Emily! Can't believe we were in theatre all those years ago, and now here we are with two kiddos each!


Mama and Me! Thank you Mom for EVERYTHING you did to make this day so amazing.


Nanette, Me and Mom. Nanette used to babysit me when I was a year old. Time does fly!


Getting ready to pop , I mean, open gifts!




 I had seen this print at Hobby Lobby and thought how absolutely amazing it would look in Auden's nursery, but walked out empty-handed. I was telling Danielle and Emily about it one afternoon, and how much I loved it. Little did I know they would surprise me with it at my shower! It is so special!!!



Shower guests Susan and Nancy, with the sweet matching dress and doll dress Nancy sewed for Auden.


Sandy, Barb and Danielle


Everyone was so sweet and loving to our little Auden with all the amazing gifts they brought for her. She is one blessed and lucky little baby girl, and I was overwhelmed with how perfect the shower was. Little did we know, she'd make her appearance just three short days later!

Love,
Cassie



No comments:

Post a Comment