Monday, July 1, 2013

Auden Claire's Baptism

At the end of June, we trekked up to Colorado in a caravan with my mom and dad to introduce Auden to her family in Denver. The grandparents, aunts and uncles were all very anxious to meet the little peanut and see her cuteness first-hand. We were also very blessed to be able to arrange to have her baptized while we were out there so  everyone could be together to celebrate the special day. It was also extra-special to me, in that we had Dresden baptized in Denver four years ago; I liked the idea that both my babies were baptized there. I will do a separate post on all the other fun stuff we did while we were there. It was truly so great to be back, and to get to hang out with everyone.

We were having Auden baptized on Sunday, June 30, after the 10 a.m. Mass at St. Ignatius Loyola Catholic Church. We woke up early that morning to make sure we would have enough time, when I realized something was "off" with Dresden. He was lethargic, and fell back asleep about 20 minutes after he'd woken up for the morning, also complaining that his tummy hurt. I was PRAYING they were just hunger pains and nothing more serious, but sure enough, when he woke up again, he immediately threw up. Luckily, I had time to haul him to the bathroom, but I couldn't help but shake my head and say, "Seriously?! On this of ALL days?!" I was frantic, trying to figure out how we would be able to take care of a sick kiddo and get to the church for Auden's special day, and I was starting to freak out quite a bit. Alex decided he would stay behind with Dresden to see if he would get better, and he and Nick would bring Dresden up in time for the baptism as long as there was no more puking. I would go on ahead with Auden and Barbara in my car, so we could all be there for the Mass before the baptism ceremony. I was super-nervous that Alex, Nick and Dresden wouldn't make it, but prayed and prayed they would. Ultimately, they did! Dresden stopped throwing up and started feeling better (we think he may have been dehydrated from the altitude), and Auden's baptism was a beautiful, joyous experience.

Little Miss was uncharacteristically fussy during Mass, but Aunt Mary Lynn played the Baby Whisperer and got her to sleep, right before it was time for the ceremony.


Listening to Father Tom




She woke up while he was talking and was very sweet and patient


Pouring the water



A sweet moment with her godmother, Tracy


Uncle Spencer and Aunt Tracy, Auden's godparents


Praying a blessing over our little girl. This was a very sweet, emotional moment.


Auden Claire is baptized!


Some of the LaFasto's! I only have some of the pictures; there were so many cameras going that day, I'm not sure who has the ones with the entire family together! Also, Dresden was just done with pictures by this point, hence the back of his head in this one.


Uncle Kenny and Aunt Mary Lynn were there to celebrate with us! 
(We missed you Aunt Karen!)


Auden with her Aunt Sarah, Uncle Nick and Uncle Spencer (and daddy, of course)


Mom and Dad with all of us


After the ceremony, we went to brunch at a restaurant called Solera. We ordered samplings of all the different brunch "tapas" and a few of the main dishes, including blueberry waffle bites, Nutella French toast, Salmon Roulade, and Spicy Shrimp and Grits, to name a few. The food was absolutely delicious; I think shrimp and grits is one of my new favorite foods. Yum!

This was Auntie Nina's first time meeting Miss Auden. She is basically an adopted family member, and Dresden's wonderful godmother, too.


Papa had to entertain D, who was so ready to call it quits for the day.


Steph and Me


In addition to the wonderful food, Auden Claire was given so many beautiful gifts to commemorate her special day. It was overwhelming, and so special how loved-on she was by everyone. I am so happy it all came together the way it did, and that it was such an awesome time with family.

Love,

Cassie










No comments:

Post a Comment