It was a day-long training, and I was lucky enough to have two other girls who attend classes with me there taking the training, too. We had so much fun, and danced our booties off. Our trainers were Julie and Vanessa; Julie is a mother of 7 and a grandmother of 1, and she has washboard abs like you would not even believe. Ridiculous. And she can SHAKE it. Vanessa was the tiniest girl I have ever seen, ditto on the abs, and ditto on the shaking it, haha. They were so much fun to watch and to learn from, and I hope to some day possess half the confidence they had as they were up there teaching us what to do.
Vanessa, Me and Julie
The new Zumba girls in town (Southlake/Keller, to be precise): Me, Laurie and Pilar
My new Zumba Instructor jacket!
The proof!
Sweaty and happy after the Master Class in the morning. So. much. fun.
More than anything, getting this certification was a milestone goal for me. A year ago, 78 pounds heavier, I would never have thought I would be capable of anything like this. I never thought I would have completed a bootcamp, a year of Zumba classes, and least of all, completing a course that labels me a Fitness Instructor. And yet, I have done all of those things. I LOVE working out. I hate missing workouts; before, I hated getting out of bed or off of the couch. But even more than hating missing workouts, I hate missing Zumba. Zumba, as cheesy as it sounds, has literally saved my health, and my emotional well-being. It is my goal now, to spread the "gospel" of Zumba to people who were stuck where I was, and show them the possibilities and results that come from 50 minutes of shaking your booty and smiling. My next personal goal is to meet Beto Perez and kiss him for saving my life by creating this amazing program that incorporates all of my favorite things.
Beto...if you guys need a reason to do Zumba, here you go ;-) You are welcome.
Seriously, if you guys haven't tried Zumba, try it. (Call me, I will come to your house and we can do Zumba in your living room or backyard! :-D) (But seriously, I need help practicing my non-verbal cueing, so I need as many guinea pigs as possible! LOL.) It is the most fun working out you will ever have, I guarantee it. And it seriously works. I can't wait to see where my weight loss and healthiness journey takes me now; and it makes me ecstatic to know that Zumba will always be a part of it!
Love,
Cassie






that is so awesome!! i bet you are amazing as a zumba instructor!! i love zumba! I wished i lived close and you could be my personal instructor! way to go cassie. you are such an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteKristen, thank you so much!!! I would be your personal instructor for sure, hehe!!!
ReplyDelete