Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Day at the Fort Worth Museum of Nature and Science

Hi all! Me again, finally. I will just stop promising to write tons and tons of blogs, because clearly, I fail at that. Instead, when I write one, you guys get a nice (read: somewhat mediocre!) surprise. Cool?! Speaking of surprises, we got a big one, a week ago yesterday, when Alex got a job!!! We were out trying to distract ourselves while waiting for some news, any news, and they called him while we were sitting and eating at Red Robin. It was the best Red Robin experience ever! He starts on Monday, and we are overjoyed. Thank you to everyone who prayed and kept their fingers crossed for us. It worked!!!

Another tactic to try and distract ourselves was heading to the Museum of Nature and Science in Fort Worth on Wednesday of last week. I had been there once with Dresden last year, but only to the children's museum part, so it was fun to explore the whole thing. All in all, I think the Dallas Museum of Science and History has more fun stuff to do and see, but for something close to home, Dresden still had fun, and we had the chance to get our minds off of the agony of waiting to hear if Alex was getting a job or not. Torture I tell you! (Though worthwhile in the end).

Here are some pictures from the day...

That hair is slowly but surely starting to grow again...


In front of the weird projector screen wall partition thingy...(my captions are amazing, I know!)


The D


Shooting buddies!


Double shot!


Don't cross the streams!!!


The water features at this museum were the highlight of Dresden's whole day. 
He came away happy and soaking wet. A success!


Building...



Peek-a-boo



Sweetest little EMT ever!



Off to the store...



There seems to have been a run on food...


Dresden was so tired and off the rails at this point, he was knocking the beach balls off of every single wind machine/blower thing. Needless to say, I was a bit off the rails at this point, too! Does anyone else get over things after about an hour of doing them besides me?!


Ultimately, we did "have a ball"...Ha. ha.


Love,

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment