This morning I kept Dresden occupied while Alex (aka The Easter Bunny) went and hid eggs around the yard. Somehow I also kept Dresden from noticing his basket sitting on the ottoman in front of the fireplace. We got him all spiffed up and let him loose soon after. He was so cute and excited. I love watching him race around the yard finding eggs.
Found one!
Dapper D...
Flying chocolate action shot!
Easter smiles!
After an amazing breakfast of baked French toast, eggs, potatoes and sausage, we got ready as fast as we could and, miraculously, made it to church just in time. The church looked beautiful, and despite the booming thunder right outside the window, you could definitely feel the joy and hopefulness in the room after the long and somber 40 days. They even sang a Catholic hymn, which made me feel even more at home. Though, if there is anywhere a "fallen away" Catholic can feel at home, it is the high church service of an Episcopal church :-D After, we were soaked to the bone just running to the car, because there was a deluge of rain, but since I love the rain, I didn't mind at all.
We've just spent the rest of the day relaxing and playing (and maybe napping a little bit, on my part - HALLELUIA!) and now it's time to start cooking the dinner feast of roast lamb and scalloped potatoes. Yum!
Oh, and I may be just a little excited, too, because I may or may not be turning 30 this coming Saturday! EEK!!! Let the Birthday Week begin! ;-D
Love,
Cassie




.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment