Sunday, September 30, 2012

Our Big News!

Well, we made it official on Facebook a couple of weeks ago, but I have had yet to blog about it, so I thought it was time to document it here! We are expecting our second little one around March 31, 2013. I am weird about numbers and dates, and although I realize all of those numbers are odd, I feel like if you have to have anything significant happen to you in the weird-sounding year of 2013, then might as well go for a date like 3/31/13. It has a nice cadence to it...or something...I dunno, I just like it! Of course, the baby will likely come on it's own sweet time, before or after this date, but I will just be happy with the idea of that set of numbers in the meantime. But I digress, lol!

I am 14 weeks as of the day of this post, and let me tell you, it has been a lonnnnng 14 weeks. I have basically known from week four that I was pregnant, with suspicions beforehand, so I haven't had any of the time pass with me in the dark, and for an impatient person with anxious tendencies, the clock has been ticking a loud, slow tock. When we were on our trip to Arkansas at the lake, we were sitting around talking, my aunt and cousin and I, and my aunt said, "I wonder who will be the next one to have another grandbaby?" I sort of shrugged and non-chalantly said, "Me?" but inside I was grinning the biggest grin, cuz I knew. Of course, that whole time I was also worried about lake parasites and bacteria, but I tried not to let that spoil my fun! (I'm pretty much crazy I tell you!) Needless to say, I am extremely happy I am now in my second trimester, though I have yet to experience that renewed sense of energy they say is supposed to accompany it. I actually feel like I am more tired than in my first trimester now. Tired, and extremely irritable, and I cry at an even smaller drop of a hat. Today in my car, my iPod was on random shuffle and Ave Maria by Josh Groban came on and I started bawling by myself driving down the road. Okay, so maybe I would do that even if I weren't pregnant (for those of you who know me well), but for now I'm blaming it on the hormones!

We have gotten to see the baby a few times, and he or she is looking good! At 12 weeks for the first trimester screen, Alex came with me, and the baby was so active it was crazy. It kept making me giggle watching it bounce around so much; I loved it. Alex said the baby was doing Zumba, hehe. We will find out for sure what we are having around October 15, at least that's what my doctor promised at one of my first meetings, that she doesn't make us wait til 20 weeks to find out. I thought that was pretty cool. 20 weeks sounds like an agonizing wait. Again, impatient here!

I haven't gained any weight so far, which is making me very happy, as I am making it my goal to gain no more than 20 pounds, though I am hoping for closer to 15 when delivery day rolls around. My doctor said I was all clear to keep teaching Zumba, and although I already have a bit of a belly and feel bad for newcomers who are probably like, "Um...does Zumba actually work?!", I plan to keep teaching until I look and feel like I cannot be taken seriously! Which may be two weeks from now, let's be honest, but I am holding out hope it won't be until six or seven months along. It feels so different this time, because last time I was soooo unhealthy, and didn't exercise at all. This is just a brand new experience for me, so I am trying to take it all in and remember and enjoy it as much as I can. I am also very hopeful that because of my weight loss, I won't get Gestational Diabetes this time; my doctor is fairly certain I won't, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Dresden is excited about the new "brother/sister", as he refers to the baby, that will be here. We weren't going to tell him too early because he is as impatient as me (did I just compare myself to a 3-year old? I guess if the shoe fits...), and I was worried he'd be pestering us every day for 7 months, but he is seemingly okay with waiting. Right now we are really working on him being gentle, because he has body slammed me a few times (harrowing!) and just tends to be rough, as 3-year-old boys generally are. I am just so looking forward to see them together, and be a full family of four, and watch them interact and grow to become friends someday. So exciting! Dresden claims he has a baby brother/sister in his belly too, who is coming at Christmas! Exciting times :-) He has suggested names like Poison, and on a more sensible note, Micah, though neither are on our short list...sorry D!

I'm not sure if I will post weekly belly pictures, or how I will handle it exactly. There won't likely be that visible of a change with me from week to week, but we will see. For now, here is the first official blogged belly shot, of 14 weeks. Mostly I just look like I ate way too much, but it is what it is, lol...


Our next big news will likely be the announcement of what we are having, unless I can think of some blogworthy things in the meantime! Thank you to everyone who sent us the awesome congratulations and well wishes after our announcement. That made sharing the news just that much more special!

Love,

Cassie (and the baby, who is apparently about the size of a large lemon this week!)


2 comments:

  1. Congrats y'all!!!!!! This is fantastic. Having multiply kids is the absolute best and I know you guys will love every minute of it. Keep us posted on everything! I devoured all of this post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristen!!! We are super-excited! I will definitely keep updating as much as possible!

      Delete