Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pregnancy Update!

I figured it was probably about time for an update! I'm trying to get all caught up before Christmas. All is going well with the pregnancy and baby girl is growing right along. I am 24 weeks as of today, and she kicks me and moves and pokes me with various elbows, feet, knees and the like all the time, especially the past few days. I love every minute of it.

We had the 20-week ultrasound a few weeks ago, and the sonographer said she looks good. She was a bit on the smaller side for her due date of 4/2/13 (that's the one the doctor's are going by, even though at my 9 week at a different office, the date they came up with was 3/31/13), but only by like three days each way, which is normal. I actually checked Dresden's ultrasound results for his 20-week, and he was a few days behind on measurements too, so maybe it just runs in the family. He said she wasn't in a great position to look at her heart, so he will do that again at a re-sono at 28 weeks, but he didn't see anything of concern. I'm excited because that means I get to see her again, and also, I think they can do a 3D ultrasound at the office then, too. My placenta is a little bit low, so that's another reason they want to do an ultrasound again at that time, to hopefully see that it will have moved up. Keep your fingers crossed for me on that one, please!!!

I will teach my last Zumba class until the baby is born next Wednesday. It is bittersweet to stop teaching. On one hand, I am ready for a break, on the other hand, I have been teaching basically non-stop since March of last year, so it will be strange to become a student again. I do still fully intend to be a student for as long as I possibly can; I really, really want to keep exercise as a part of this pregnancy, and be in as good of shape as I can when she gets here. My extra motivation is the bridesmaids dress I have to fit into by mid-June of next year for my brother-in-law and his fiancee's wedding! (Keep your fingers crossed for me on that one, too!!! Haha!) As of right now, I've gained about 14 pounds, which is right on track for this many weeks. It's been pretty steady too. I will just have to watch myself over Christmas, because I crave sugar like crazy. My biggest craving that finally was sated last week was peppermint ice cream. The only way I could get it was to buy a humongous tub of it at Target, which I knew would be a disaster, because I would probably sit there and eat the entire thing and then go on a giant shame spiral, and it would have just been so bad. That is, until we went to a gelato place downtown and they had peppermint gelato, exactly the way I wanted it. And it was heaven on a spoon. Okay, now I'm craving it again, I better stop.

While I would absolutely love to reveal her name to all of you, my husband has forbidden me from doing so. He is apparently much better at keeping a huge, exciting secret than I am! I can promise you will absolutely never guess it in a million years, that it is unique, and it sounds really cute when Dresden says it, so we are happy. Only three months until the big reveal!

Here is the sequence of pictures as the bump has grown over these past SIX months!!! Seems like it was July only yesterday. I tried to make a collage, but my collage software was being dumb and I got impatient, so I will just lay them out like this...

This was the first "official" pregnancy picture, 11 weeks:


14 weeks:


16 1/2 weeks:


18 1/2 weeks:


21 1/2 weeks:


23 weeks:


I will try and keep you better updated as things continue to progress. My guess is, after Christmas things will start feeling like they are moving along really quickly. I'm excited for her to be here, and for Dresden to get to be a big brother. He is super sweet to her already and says he loves her and hugs and kisses my belly various times a day. He also loves to give her belly busters, which is pretty funny. He still insists that he has a baby brother in his tummy, and that his baby is being born at Christmas (which means we need to find a boy baby doll, asap)!

Until the next update!

Love,
Cassie






No comments:

Post a Comment