Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013!!!

I was so excited for Halloween this year - it was Auden's very first, and the kids had corresponding costumes! Dresden pretty quickly decided he wanted to be a vampire (he's very into spooky/creepy right now, and thinks monsters, ghosts, zombies and vampires are the epitome of cool), and it took me about a minute to think about what Auden could be to go along with the theme - a baby bat! And the cutest baby bat she was. It was awesome, and the costume was super-easy. Much thanks to my mama for the awesome black and purple tutu, and for helping with the little "wings" shawl. Dresden could have been a vampire in street clothes I think, because his expressions and ability to get "into character" just said it all; who needs a cape!

Before trick-or-treating, we went and visited Grammy and Papa, as this was the first year since we've moved to Texas that we would be trick-or-treating in our own neighborhood! Then we stopped at our go-to park, to take our annual Halloween pics in the forest behind the playground. It has become one of my favorite traditions. 

This kid, I swear. If you don't see him up on stage accepting an Oscar, or Golden Globe or something in 25 years, I will be surprised!



 My absolute favorite:



 Getting me involved, lol...


And the most precious of all preciousness!!! I love this pictures so much I cannot even put it into words. I'm already scheming about their costumes for next year. I know I have a very limited number of years left before I will have absolutely no influence or input on Dresden's choice, so I am taking it while I can!


The sweetest little bat!


Our neighborhood turned out to be amazing for trick-or-treating. I have to say, the past few years, we were a bit disappointed in the turn out in the neighborhood (like being one of maybe 6 other families walking around...awkward!), so I was very curious about what to expect from our new area. Well, it was like a good old-fashioned, back-in-the-day Halloween, with the sidewalks full of kids and families, and it made my heart so happy! The weather was perfectly chilly, but not too cold, and Auden was the best little trooper being carried around while her brother got candy. We took her up to every door and their costumes got lots of "how cutes!" and oohs and ah's, and Dresden got a TON of candy, so I would call it a complete success.

It's crazy to think that next year she'll be toddling around with us when we go. I love the "firsts", they are so much fun!

Hope everyone else had a wonderful Halloween!

Love,
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment