Thus, we took Dresden for his second haircut recently. Now, I don't claim to know whether kids' haircutting places hire people trained specifically to cut children's hair. But if they don't, well, they should start. Cuz this woman was practically kicking Dresden out of the little airplane chair he was sitting in as soon as he sat down. There was no gentle coaxing, no distraction by letting him play with a comb, no cutesy flirting or banter. In truth, she acted as if he was throwing some kind of fit at her station. But I give you the (angelic) evidence:
So why in the HECK did he end up with this crazy haircut??? One which, as you can plainly see, even he is none too thrilled about?!
I have to send Pigtails And Crew Cuts (the name of the shop) a little public service announcement - Please, do a better job screening your haircutters to see if they are patient with kids. Either that, or stop charging 17 dollars for something I could do at home with my eyes shut!
Can you tell I'm actually pretty annoyed by the whole thing? I know he still looks adorable, but the whole thing really did make me upset. He was being SO good; a little apprehensive, and he whined a few times, but that comes with the territory, and the girl there who cut his hair the first time was soooo sweet and patient with him. This woman didn't even cut evenly around his whole head. And I didn't even show you a picture of the back at the nape of his neck and behind his ears - whoo! These infractions could have possibly been softened had she treated him well, but, well, let's just say she must not be used to working with small children. Okay, off my soapbox, sorry! Maybe we just learned our lesson about trying to go as a walk-in appointment.
Needless to say, after this little experience, we've decided to let Dresden's hair go au natural again, for as long as possible. He's just our little Samson, what can we say? And on another upside, his hair grows like lightning, so it's already starting to wild itself out (notice I used the word 'wild' in the place of 'even' in the spirit of keepin' it real ;-) ).
I'll have another post or two in the next day or so. Happy weekend, y'all!
Love,
Cassie, Alex and Dresden





No comments:
Post a Comment