At the risk of sounding like a Disney character, today was a magical Autumn day! We took Dresden to Bear Creek Park in Keller near where we live, and romped about the forest (well, what I am calling a forest for my own delight, anyway). It was so much fun. If he had had wings and an acorn cap, he would have fit perfectly in with the other wood sprites hidden among the trees. Or maybe the elves, yes, maybe he's more like a forest elf. (When I said magical, I meant magical! I loved it!!!) And of course, we got pictures.
Tiny little nature boy
Sometimes, "Sweet face" is the only caption I can think of...
Finding his Gandalf Staff for the trek, part of our nature wandering tradition...
Boy on a log...
And, finally, the Acorn Trio. Who knew there was such joy to be found in an acorn?
Well, Dresden knew, I guess! :-D
After his forest adventure, he was beat. I told Alex tonight how I love it when he's asleep almost before we even lay him completely in the crib, because it makes me feel like we did our best job with him today. (He's also a biiiiigggg sweetie when he's tired which means extra hugs and cuddles, my favorite!) We've decided that park is one of our new favorite places, and a place we will be frequenting for as many more weekends as we can until Winter sets in. (Which, let's be honest, could be until March here in Texas - ha!). I'm by no means an outdoorsy person (shocker, I know!), but there's something about the forest/woods/areas covered by many, many trees that I love. In summary, a simple formula:
Dresden Happy + Mama Happy = Bliss and Perfection :-D
Have a great Sunday everyone, take care!
Love,
Cassie, Alex and Dresden








No comments:
Post a Comment