Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

This was a fun one, to say the least! This was Dresden's first Easter to "get it", and be mobile enough for an egg hunt, so that made it really special. We started the day by letting him open his Easter baskets (one from us, and one from The Easter Bunny, aka, Grammy and Papa). I had some lovely pictures of his big basket from us, but my husband who is the king of efficiency and immediately deletes/throws away all unwanted files/pieces of paper deleted the pictures we took yesterday from Scarborough Faire after he downloaded them, and the basket pictures were on the tail end of those, and hadn't been downloaded. Sad, but I can at least record for posterity's sake that we filled his basket with a Magna-Doodle, a barnyard puzzle, the movie "Babe", a Thomas the Tank Engine bouncy ball, a stuffed lamb, a stuffed Robot (what would Easter be without a little Sci-Fi, right?), and an Easter "If You Give a Mouse A..." board book. His other haul from "The Easter Bunny" included a toy trumpet and a toy recorder, a bubble machine, some bendy bunny figures and a chocolate bunny. Not a bad deal for a 22-month old! He's not spoiled AT all! He thoroughly enjoyed "playing" his recorder, until it was time for breakfast, which was served at this pretty little Easter table:




After that, it was time to get dressed up and hunt some Easter eggs! I remarked that Easter hadn't been this fun since I was two, and I think it's true! It was so fun to hear the excitement in his voice every time he found another "EGG!" and kept yelling "More! More!" every time he'd spot another one. I'm happy we were able to get it all on video, as well as capture it in still frame.

Looking ever the dapper southern gentleman with his first find of the hunt
 (sans bow tie, but with a 22-month-old you pick your battles carefully, 
and that just wasn't worth it to me)



He would not let go of that red egg for the longest time! 


He's found more!



Showing off his bounty...



He's probably saying "MORE!" here...


Running to see...


Found another one!


Pointing at the Mockingbird that just flew out of the bush by our window. 
Said bird is building quite the nest there and flies to and fro throughout the day.


Busy bee



Telling us something


Contemplative...


"HOT! HOT!" 
(he was not a huge fan of the outfit, but was a trooper for a long time)



Inside, opening his eggs (the less interesting part for him - go figure!)


Easter Shoes! (I filled his eggs with mostly stickers, since he can't really have candy)


This was the afternoon, outfit number two! We were trying to get some mother/son photos but he was just NOT cooperating - imagine that!

 He wanted to "hide" in this tree/bush the entire time we were out there...


Strike a pose! (Copying me, lol, what a ham!)



The Easter Lizard! This is what finally got him away from that tree! He loves lizards!


We spent the rest of the afternoon watching"Babe" (well, he sort of half-watched it), and then ate a yummy Easter dinner where Dresden declared "ham - good!" (I was a little sad about it at first, after just watching Babe, but it tasted so good I was able to put all that behind me long enough to enjoy myself!) He went to bed a very tired, content little boy. We could not have asked for a better Easter 2011!

I hope all of you had a blessed and wonderful Easter weekend.

Love,
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment