Friday, August 5, 2011

Trying out a new park/new header pics!

Okay, so as promised, here are pictures from our visit to a park in Colleyville. I think it might be part of the Colleyville Nature Preserve. It had lots of pretty trees, and a fun new playground for Dresden to try. We went late enough that the temperature was mostly bearable as well.

Happy boy!


Dresden's shirt is from threadless.com, which if you haven't ever been to, you should go visit! They have the coolest out-of-the-ordinary t-shirts, which I love! Dresden's Mr. Rainbow Moustache In A Top Hat On a Bicycle was only $5! And it makes me smile every time I look at it! I love it because they give graphic artists/designers a chance to showcase their art!




Best buds (both wearing Threadless t's!) 
(No, Threadless has no idea I am mentioning them on my blog, but I wish they did!!!)


Flying over Alex's head


Okay, I know I look terrible in this picture, but remember that whole "tension"/balance thing I mentioned? To me, this picture is a perfect encapsulation of that balance, and really, of motherhood (at least for me) in general. Dresden, happy, carefree, eager to try a new thing independently, and me, behind him, holding on for dear life and not wanting to let go, afraid of him getting hurt or not being there to catch him if he falls. Scary and exciting, all in one.


And this was his independent realization of the "scary" part, lol! He was NOT too sure about that spinning thing. It was so weird, it just spun by itself, faster and faster. 
He loved it and feared it simultaneously.


I still cannot believe we are in August now. I am counting down the days until it's October (because let's be honest, that is the first time it will actually feel even remotely cool here), and yet, I am trying to savor every moment of this time as much as I possibly can with this growing (too fast!) boy.

Love,

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment