Saturday, November 12, 2011

"What, you think I don't know what a Eugugoly is?!"

Today, Dresden went and strutted his stuff on the catwalk for the 2012 North Texas Child cover model search contest. He really did an awesome job, and was just very non-chalant about the whole thing. Okay, well, I'm pretty sure he had no idea what we were doing up there, but he followed directions, he smiled and looked cute on cue, and was nice and engaging with the judges. I was pretty proud of my little dude.

Excited to be here! We got there a little before 10, and were happy to see there really weren't many people at all. The event went from 10 to 3, so I guess we just beat the crowd. It was awesome!


They had butcher paper on the walls for the kids to draw on while waiting - brilliant!


Getting his official model "mug shot"...


Here we go, "Hey I'm a model, you know what I mean!" And I got to do a little vicarious modeling, too. Ha!!!


Telling him to smile (I think he was a bit overwhelmed!) The announcer was telling little facts about him: "Dresden is 2, and wants to be Spiderman when he grows up (that's what he told me when we filled out the application), and his favorite food is Tacos." Cute!


There's the smile! I just look goofy, but I guess I was swept away in the joy and excitement of the moment, lol.


Here we are! Dresden's time to shine. The judge asked him how old he was and waved at him and Dresden said, "2" and waved. Killed it!!! LOL.


Showing his number so the judges could write down the OBVIOUS winner ;-) JK, we won't know for a month or so. But he has the chance to be chosen for the cover of any 2012 NT Child magazine, which I feel like might be a pretty good possibility. He's a pretty cute kid, or so I've been told!


Afterward he got to decompress in the bounce house! This was, of course, the best part of the whole deal.


Not the blue steel or magnum, but what are you gonna do?


Later this afternoon, he said, "I had the best time!" So that was the most important thing. He just acted like himself, wasn't shy or insecure, and was just let his sweet little personality show. Regardless of how this turns out, I think we may look at other ideas for modeling for him, just because he does have great hair and a cute face! (I realize I have never sounded more superficial than in this moment, but please know that's not how I intend it!) As long as he has fun doing it and likes it, why not, right?! It was a fun experience, for sure.

Love,

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment