Well, the day finally came - Dresden's first day of pre-school, Tuesday, May 8, 2012. It was time to get him started, as my Zumba teaching is starting to pick up this next week, and he also just needed the mental challenge and social outlet, I think. We chose a Montessori school because we really liked the philosophies behind it, and thought it might be a good fit for Dresden. Time will tell, but the first two days this week went really well.
A healthy(ish) lunch, provided by moi...
Sweet boy eating his eggs before his first day.
He fought me both mornings, saying "I don't wanna go to pre-school!" But eventually his tantrums subsided. I am hoping we see fewer and fewer of those as the weeks go by. Both of the days we got there, he just trotted off, ready to join his classmates, and didn't even look back at me or say goodbye. Sigh...As much as it stung a little bit, I am happy he transitions so well from being with me (and anyone really) to different environments. (One perk of my not being so great at the attachment parenting gig,
lol.)
Handsome boy...
Right now he is in a pre-primary class because he is not potty trained (I didn't really push it, and neither did he, so we have just been going at home when he asks to), but they are already working with him on potty training at school. He wore big boy underwear with a pull up on the second day, and stayed dry all morning his report home said, so hopefully by Fall he will be fully trained and he can move up to the primary classroom and really start learning new skills and information. I'm excited for that.
The two days a week schedule works really well, because I don't have to miss him too badly and yet I do get time to teach Zumba. In the Fall we will see about going to three days, and eventually just work our way up. He has come home exhausted both days, which is another hilarious, exciting thing to see, because this boy is NEVER drained of energy. I am so glad they are finally funneling it into productive activities and using some of it up!
I'm sure I will keep the blog updated as new things happen at school; I can't wait to watch him progress.
Love,
Cassie






No comments:
Post a Comment