Before starting out...
I love this patient dragonfly! He just sat and posed for Alex. And the blue is gorgeous!
Interesting butterfly on an interesting flower...(caption of photo, not so interesting, lol)
Holding soooo still!
Can you see the spider laying in wait? Eesh!
Checking out the crevice with compass in hand
Cooling off in the natural vent!
Taking a break while Alex climbed
Leaving Penitentiary Hollow, til next year!
After our hike made us nice and sweaty, tired, and hungry, we drove to a Mexican restaurant called Pulido's, which was apparently the happeningest place in town - EVERY pickup truck (seriously, they were ALL trucks, lol) in town was in the parking lot. Once we tasted our food, we knew why. It was really, really yummy! If you are ever in the little town of Mineral Wells, go check them out! Dresden had been requesting soup (weird in the 90+ degree heat, I know), and ate almost every bite of his tortilla soup, which never happens. Okay, now I'm getting hungry!
My son has such handsome table manners...sigh...
The yummy soup, which I will be attempting to recreate in order to get Dresden to eat his vegetables!
I remarked when we got back in the car how nice it would be if they had an old fashioned soda fountain somewhere in town. We drove to the old main street, and low and behold!!!!
I mean, a literal granting of a wish!
I was shocked, because it was seriously like the universe had heard me or something! Crazy. It was the cutest little ice cream shop, with the original old booths and counter top from probably the 40's or 50's, and the ice cream was really good!
They had the coolest old phone booth.
Dresden had to make an important phone call to his stock broker or something...
Enjoying ice cream with Daddy
We had an awesome Memorial Day. I was so sad when it was over because that meant Alex had to go back to work the next day; I didn't want to stop having fun! I hope everyone had a beautiful, relaxing holiday in the midst of remembering those soldiers who fight for us, and the ones who have fought and lost their lives to keep us free so we can enjoy days like these with our families. Truly amazing; I am so thankful for our troops.
Love,
Cassie














No comments:
Post a Comment