"We" (read: I) decided he was going to be Robin Hood for Halloween, because I have always wanted to see his curls under one of those pointy green hats with a bright red feather, and I figured he would acquiesce to my request more easily with the promise of carrying a bow and arrows rather than suggesting he be Peter Pan and get to carry a lute...And I was right! He was super-excited to be "a archer" as he would go around and say. This was the first time we homemade a costume too, with Mom taking credit for the cape and hat, and a great thrift store taking credit for the tunic and pants. I was in charge of the leather string accents on the tunic, and the creative design in general (go me! Ha!)
When all was said and done, we had the most adorable little Robin Hood, and he is actually quite good with his "real" bow and arrow set that Grammy got him at War Eagle in Arkansas. We went into the woods and shot some footage so that Alex could put together a movie, and got some fun pictures of him before we set off trick-or-treating.
The sweetest little bandit ever!
He was very much NOT in the mood for pictures. He just wanted to shoot his bow and arrow; I don't really blame him!
Expert stick-thrower as well, apparently.
An unsolicited pregnancy shot, 18 weeks!
He was a great little trick-or-treater, too, and did very well with his script of "Trick-or-treats", "Thank you's" and "Happy Halloween's". We unfortunately didn't get any pictures of the bandit at work because Alex's flash died, but it was just fun to walk around the quiet neighborhood with him and help with doorbells. Speaking of quiet neighborhoods, there was seriously no one out in ours. It was kind of a bummer, and I felt sorry for the people with their mounds of candy and no one to give it to. Dresden would have gladly taken it off their hands, but this kid and sugar do not mix well right before bed time, and we had more than our fair share of sweets.
The boy with his loot.
Enjoying the spoils.
I hope everyone had a great Halloween and is having fun gearing up for the holiday season, just around the corner - eek!!!
Love,
Cassie






No comments:
Post a Comment