Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mainstay Farms Pumpkin Patch!

A couple of weekends ago, we trekked out to Cleburne to visit Mainstay Farms and get a pumpkin to carve, and let Dresden have some Fall fun! They had more different varieties of pumpkin than I think I've ever seen. Dresden was in a sort of "mood" because he was tired, but we still managed to have a good time, and get a nice pumpkin to take home.

Dresden has a thing with gourds this year. I just love that it is kind of representative of his personality, just not quite in with the "mainstream", hehe.


Superman on a super-pumpkin


 Hello from the big blue chair!


This is right before the ride I definitely should NOT have gone on. If this ride had been taken closer to my due date in the spring, I feel SURE all the bumps would have sent me into labor. My thighs got a huge work out from holding myself up off of the seat of the "train car". Yikes!


Feeding a...donkey? Or a mule? I'll go with donkey I think...

On the big bouncer


Daddy's turn!


Prize-winning action shot!


Sweet father-son picture


After we left the farm, we drove to the food truck park in Fort Worth so we could pretend we were hipsters and eat some yummy food. It was delicious. I had a fancy grilled cheese sandwich and Dresden got grilled macaroni and cheese which was mouth-watering!


Alex always catches me with food in my mouth...


Showing us just how good his mac n' cheese is...love the manners Dresden! :-)


It was an awesome, overcast day, and a perfect one to go to a pumpkin patch. The following two weeks were insanely hot again, so we picked the best weekend to go. Now, luckily, it's cold again, just in time for Halloween, and I am hoping we will see the 80's but rarely from here on out!

Love,

Cassie



No comments:

Post a Comment