Since we've been back what we've mostly been doing is trying to stay cool in the wilting not-even-July-yet summer heat. I am dying y'all. Dying. I will be one happy camper when it's time for boots, sweaters and scarves again. Granted, I know here in Texas that won't even be 'til like, late November, but just let me have my delusions that it's only two months away, okay?
So in the meantime, how have we been staying cool?!?! Why, splash parks and kiddie pools of course!
This is at the amazing Splash Pad off of MacDowell School Road in Colleyville, just down the road from our house. It is awesome. Though by this pose of apprehension, you might not know it...
Downright consternation about the splash pad, in fact...
"Oh, wait, ok, maybe I can get into this..."
"I'm in!"
And so is little Mr. Jackson! He's the 16-month-old grandson of a teacher friend of my mom's, and he's here visiting from North Carolina for a few weeks, so he and Dresden have become buddies. He came over to swim in the pool the other day and Dresden was beside himself - "JACKSON!!!" (which sounds more like "Gax-unn!!!") Aside from your basic two-year-old tendencies to want to hit, and not want to share, he has been so sweet, patient and gentle with him, which I think is so cool.
Cutie-pie!
Lookin' mean and serious!
Buds!
Now, these below pictures will make it seem as though they were taken on the same day, but let's just consider this the "summer uniform" and accept that this may be the majority of what we see Dresden wearing until those sweater and boots days arrive ;-) This is the new whale pool Grammy and Papa got Dresden for his birthday, a bigger and better kiddie pool!
Silly goose trying to drink the icky pool water...
From the look on Jackson's face I'd say Dresden is trying to take, not give that cup, haha!
Playing boats on the slide
Periodically Dresden will cry out for "Bankets! Bankets!" as though an arctic north wind has just blown through the backyard and chilled him to the bone. The kid is MAJOR-TIME dramatic. I don't have any idea WHERE he gets it! ;-)
He may be a drama-king, but he's still my sweet little water-nymph, too! Can boys be nymphs?
I don't know. Y'all can Google it and leave me a comment.
Okay, I had to Google it myself. Apparently the male equivalent to nymph is satyr (think Firenze from the first Harry Potter)...not exactly what I was looking for...
Grammy getting Dresden. He has a very hard time with being splashed, and usually gets very, very serious about it. Of course, he can splash you and you just have to take it!
So that was the first installment of What We Did (are doing) on Our Summer Vacation! More to come VERY SOON, I promise!!!
Love,
Cassie
No comments:
Post a Comment