Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dresden's Birthday Trifecta: Part III

Otherwise titled, "The Long Overdue Post About Dresden's Birthday Party at the Lake"!!!

I'm sorry it took me so long to get this one up on the ol' blog!!! Dresden had an amazing party to round out his "trifecta" of festivities. On Thursday, June 9th, we loaded up two cars full of yellow decor, and drove seven (more like 9 because of a certain two-year-old) hours to Greer's Ferry Lake in Arkansas, where I have spent nearly every one of my going-on-30 summers! All my family is there, so I decided we'd bring the party to them, and it was so great to have everyone there to celebrate the little man. We stayed with the "yellow"/Sunshine theme since we already had all the decorations from his little at-home party on the 2nd. 

The front door/walkway of Seven Sisters Cabin


The schmorgasbord!



I love these striped cups!



Rick and Nonnie getting the party started, in their party-themed yellow shirts!


Dad in his yellow!


 The party favor pinwheels with Dresden's picture


Cupcakes decorated by moi...





I realize these are not the most flattering pictures of anyone, and I apologize profusely Jackie, but they are the only ones of the group around the table, so I had to do it! Candid shots of the crew eating...




Emme in her "yellow", lol!


Oh, and where was the guest of honor during all of this???


Visiting out on the deck


Misty and Grandmother


Dresden and his cousin Casey! I can totally see family resemblance in this picture; I love that!


 Sitting in one of his presents, waiting for the go-ahead to open the rest!







Chillin' after the gifts were opened...


Trying hard to escape! He's always on the move, well, except in the above picture, sheesh!


 Tickles from Rox the Great!


 Grandpa Mattox and GraMisty!



 Lovins from Papa and Grammy


And then it was time for a swim!


 Swimming with Rox and MB the Greats!

This is what happens when you don't wear a swim diaper in the water! I swear, that thing weighed fifteen pounds. It was funny, because my dad had asked the day before "What's the point of a swim diaper? What's the difference?" Well, now we know! Ha!


And, the perfect end to the day! Cuddling with cousins Forest, Gavin and Ezra, and Aunt Roxanne, watching Gnomeo and Juliet, eating crackers. This is the life!


I am so, so glad everyone came to the lake to celebrate Dresden's birthday with us! He truly is the luckiest boy ever. I am also so thankful we have a place like Seven Sisters to gather as a family, a sort of "ancestral home" to come to. All of my cousins and I's summer memories are centered around this lake and this house that my grandpa and grandma poured their blood, sweat and tears into, and I am so happy we are now able to bring our children there! Here's to many more summers, and memories to come! Thanks Poppy, for giving us a place to always come "home" to!!!

Love,

Cassie





 

No comments:

Post a Comment