No clue? Don't worry, I wouldn't have known his face either. It's Mr. Gene Autry. Apparently though, that's not much of a claim to fame for the place, because a boomtown it is not my friends. There was literally NOTHING there. Except a green wall (and a really cute 2-year-old):
Who is apparently very male-model-like disappointed in
the fact that we drove him all this way to see a wall.
That's better!
Please excuse the chocolate milk stains ALL over his shorts. He saw our coffee on the way up and INSISTED he have some of his own, so we pulled the old "chocolate milk is coffee" trick.
He totally bought it! And his voffee (what he calls coffee) was thoroughly enjoyed.
I think this face was the "WHY IS IT SO BLAZING HOT OUT HERE?!?" face.
I know I was making it anyway.
We were in luck, because just around the corner from that wall was the real reason we drove ALL the way to Tioga - Clark's Outpost, purported to have some of the most excellent barbecue in Texas. Alex is on a quest for the perfect barbecue, so it was only natural we drive an hour out into the boonies to try some, right? Really though, it did not disappoint. It was actually quite delicious. And the homemade Dutch Apple Pie I had for dessert made the drive home that much sweeter. YUM!
We went to a little trading post/antique shop, and the lady had an autographed picture of Blake Shelton on her wall. That was about as close to seeing a famous person as we came that day. But speaking of Blake, did y'all watch The Voice? We LOVED that show, and I am SO excited that Blake is coming back for the next season. I am pretty sure he is like, the nicest guy in the entire world. Not to mention really, really tall. And apparently not above signing autographs for women named Judy who live in the middle of nowhere. Respect brother. Respect.
Stay cool y'all!
Love,
Cassie










No comments:
Post a Comment