For his small party with just me, Alex and my mom and dad on the 2nd, my mom went all out with my idea of this year's "theme", if you will, being a "golden" one, because this year is Dresden's golden birthday (2 on the 2nd). We had settled on "You Are My Sunshine", since that is a song I sing him almost every night before bed. I even change "when skies are gray" to "my Dresden Grey". We will use the yellow decorations for his party in Arkansas on the 11th, too, but we thought we might as well use them here for his actual birthday dinner, too. Everything turned out wonderfully, I thought.
A close-up of the balloon wreath my mom made, using over 500 yellow balloons - LOVE it!
The banner mom made, and all the yellow packages for Dresden
The birthday boy with his Mr. Sunshine shirt, made by Miss Vicki - thank you!!!
He doesn't know where to begin!
Opening his first present
Looking at his cool new pool from Grammy and Papa!
A cash register from Mama and Daddy - more for Mama than Dresden because I used to LOVE playing store when I was little and hearing the beeps of the calculators/play registers!
He likes pushing the big ones at the store so much, we got him his very own cart
Opening an awesome Fisher-Price race track from Grandma and Grandpa LaFasto
Complete with tiny little race cars!
Opening the food to go inside his grocery cart...
A fun Dinosaur Boynton book from Nana!
And jungle bath toys - we ALWAYS need more bath toys!
I know what you are thinking - "Man, Cassie is the MOST photogenic person EVER!!!" :-P
There, that's better!
Daddy trying to make Mr. Serious lighten up!
There we go!
One week, One year, Two years...
Cake time!
Again, no dirtying of the hands...
Why, don't mind if I do! (I realize I look like a voracious carnivore here...I <3 sugar, what can I say?)
Toldya, I <3 sugar!
It was an awesome day, and Dresden thoroughly enjoyed himself! Thank you to everyone for the wonderful gifts, and thank you Mama for making all the awesome yellow decor! I am the creative director, mom is the executor of all my brilliant ideas ;-)
Stay tuned for Part II: A Birthday in Colorful Colorado!
Love,
Cassie
























No comments:
Post a Comment