Sunday, July 3, 2011

Conquering the trike (almost)

Last year, Dresden got a tricycle for his first birthday from his Grandpa Mattox and Great-Grandma Mattox. Obviously, he was way too tiny. But now that he's grown to a whopping 35.8 inches tall, and 25.8 pounds, respectively, we decided to try our hand at the tricycle. Well, he was still too short. But that didn't stop him from trying!

This was a natural father-son moment, so I captured the action.


Check out that awesome skull helmet. He refused to relinquish it for about thirty minutes after we removed him from the tricycle (which was a melt-down in and of itself!)



Daddy showing him the ropes



Wheeeee!!!


Compelling the trike to do his bidding?


Even though he still couldn't quite reach the peddles, he was almost there, thisclose, and it was one of those "wow, this is so awesome my heart hurts and I want to cry because my baby is so big but growing up wayyyyy too fast" moments. In a few short months, his little legs will reach those peddles no problem. And during that ride, I probably will shed a tear. Since he turned two, every single day brings something new. He has recently begun to ask the hilarious, but often dreaded "Why?" about things. He also asked me what something he found on the floor was the other day and I had no idea. I really have to brush up on my "strange things found on the floor" knowledge or I'm going to let him down, haha! He actually wrote a story the other day, like seriously, it just came out of his head, all by himself. I made him dictate it to me and wrote it down. It is absolutely nonsensical, but so cute, and he takes it very seriously! I will be sure to share it! The days have also been full of the typical trying two's behavior. I could have shown an excellent example of that as I did capture the worst tantrum in history when he had to get off the tricycle and go in, but Alex is a member of, like, Baby Amnesty International or a baby version of PETA, and would not let me post the meltdown pictures because "Dresden deserves to be portrayed with some sense of dignity." (No, I'm not joking. Those were his words exactly!). There was nothing dignified about this tantrum. But that's okay. He just looked really cute screaming about not wanting to take his helmet off even after we were inside the house.

I can't wait to see what all we've learned from Dresden by the time summer's out. Exciting, almost tricycle-riding times!

Love,

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment