Thursday, July 7, 2011

Scents of Summer

Yesterday morning we got up and went swimming in the kiddie pool after breakfast. I had to get pictures of Dresden modeling his new rash guard and matching shorts that were on clearance at GAP KidsI pretty much can never resist anything gray for Dresden. I love gray, as a color AND a middle name, hehe :-)

Mr. Cool






So, I'm pretty much a professional nature photographer, as you can see... ;-)


And then I get bored and do things like take pictures of my foot with Dresden blurry in the background, all artsy and stuff :-P


"I love that kid!"


After swimmng we came inside and it was time for Dresden to chow down on a new favorite - RIBS! I myself refuse to eat meat off the bone (fried chicken, ribs, turkey legs are all out for me), so I decided to take some pictures of my little carnivore. He looked so cute and funny sticking those whole bones in his mouth - an absolute rib-eating pro if you ask me.











That's kind of the reason I titled the post the other day, because lately I've been thinking about how Summer smells. My mom had sliced a peach and cooked some ribs and barbecue sauce the other day, and the smell just hit me and was an instant, delicious scent of summer comfort. This is the first summer in a long time when I've just been home and had a chance to sit and notice fragrances and smells of things. This is the summer I've decided my "summer scents", ones that will always remind me of the season are undoubtedly: sunscreen, peaches, pool water and barbecue sauce. Is that weird? Or do you know what I mean? What are y'all's "Summer Scents"? Let me know in the comments!

Love,

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment