The trumpets decorating the awning. So pretty!
Tracy and me
Sarah, Tracy and Me
Grandma and Dresden looking at the window displays
The theme was sort of a time/gears/marionettes theme. Is that really a theme? Unfortunately, most of the windows were just selling products, whereas before, Marshall Fields just used the windows to tell a story or create pretty images. It is sad to see so many things become marketing tools. Can't anything stay the same?!
Laura and Me, twinkies!
Buskers drumming on the street. They were awesome!
Grandpa and Grandma leading Dresden toward Santa
The big tree in the center of the store. It was really pretty up close.
Bored while waiting in the Santa line. Hi!
Dresden in line for Santa!
They had this camera that projected onto this television. Dresden couldn't see himself, but it was really cute because he kept getting close to the lens not realizing it. Hehe.
No tears with Santa, but he refused to sit on his lap by himself. That's okay, I don't blame him. I didn't sit on Santa's lap by myself until I was about six; I did NOT like Santa!
It was a fun, chilly, busy night downtown! I am a huge fan of traditions, so this was right up my ally. It makes me excited to create our own Thanksgiving and Christmas traditions as the years go by. Great, great memories!
Love,
Cassie













No comments:
Post a Comment