Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dresden Grey - 20 months old!!!

Let's see about some 20-month tidbits, shall we?


We are lucky we even got these two shots - you should see the wild and crazy outtakes!

  • You talk in a language all your own. We are all quite certain you know exactly what you are saying. They just haven't come out with your Rosetta Stone program yet. The funniest thing is when you make hand gestures to punctuate your "words". You're a hand-gesturing little Italian, just like your daddy.
  • The real words you know have increased on a daily basis, and I think I'm unfortunately past the point of being able to make a list of the ones you say. Tonight at dinner it was "pizza" as perfect and clear as a bell, and in the bathtub, "bubbles" was the same. And you also attempted some compound phrasing, saying "bii (big) bubbles!" That's the one area where we really need a breakthrough, the whole saying more than one word at a time to express yourself thing. You always say "peez" (please), but you will never say the thing you are saying please for. Oh well, I have been working on letting those must-be milestones go; I know you will get there when you are ready. 
  • All of a sudden you hate towels, and there's no more cuddle time after your bath like there was last month (sad face mommy :-( )
  • You LOVE choo choos and talk about them (your language + the word choo choo) all the time. You also still love "mammles" (animals) and they are featured in your conversations often as well. 
  • We still struggle with getting you to eat, but your pediatrician this past month (a new one, we really like her) said as long as you are basically adding up to one good meal a day then she wouldn't worry. So I'm trying to do the same. We've added chicken to your diet by making it the breaded kind (hey whatever works at this point!), but you've only been successfully fooled a few times with that. One of the times was Chick Fil A; who could resist their chicken? Not even you!
  • My latest new favorite thing with you is sitting against your crib for a few minutes after you are in bed and its dark, and you find my hand and hold my fingers through the slats. On the days you aren't as tired, you raise your head every few seconds to make sure I'm still there, and that just makes me giggle. Especially when you put your head against the bars for me to kiss it, or stick your puckered mouth through and give me big sloppy kisses. Melt!
  • You are a WILD child! I took you to a play group last week to meet with two little girls both born in June, and they sat on the bench and snacked while their moms chatted. I had to run out of the play area at one point as you were jetting down the corridor of the mall after the choo choo train that kept driving around and around in your stocking feet at top speed. After that, you had tasted freedom, and I had to man the entry the rest of the time to keep you inside the enclosed play space. No one is allowed to sit and relax in your presence; I'm learning that the hard way!
  • You are still in size 3 diapers, weigh 23.5/24 pounds according to the doctor visit the end of last month, and you wear 12-18 month pants (which are often highwaters) or 18-24 month pants (which are soooo long and big on you), and anywhere from 18 months to 2T shirts/t-shirts. I am just interested to see when your next big growth spurt will be. 
  • Most importantly - you are my joy! Even through constant temper tantrums and a mule-like stubborn streak, I can't help but be so excited every time I get you out of your crib in the morning, or feed you lunch or sit and play with you while you take baths, because every moment is a gem, holding something new and interesting (take tonight's "bubbles" and "pizza"). And you are still the cutest, most adorable boy I've ever laid eyes on!
And speaking of baths...This was the only time all day we could get him to hold still and be in a good enough mood for picture taking. 20-month-olds are notoriously uncooperative for paparazzi apparently.



The calm before the...


Storm!!!



Happy 20-month Birthday my babypie! Mama and Daddy love you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment