Thursday, February 10, 2011

Third Haircut

This post will be mostly pictures, as I cannot think of anything sufficiently clever enough to write about at the moment, but I did feel these were cute enough pictures to warrant sharing. We'll call this a gratuitous "For Grammy's Delight" post. (She looks at my blog like three times a day, and we live in the SAME house; lol.) Anyway, after this coiffure debaucle, we had kind of sworn off haircuts for awhile. But Dresden had actually begun noticing his hair being in his eyes and on his face on his own, swatting at it in frustration when it would tickle or get in his eyes, and I decided something had to be done, last Saturday, and not a day later! Luckily, we went to a new place, Le Petit Salon, in Southlake, and it was SUCH a better experience. The girl was so nice, and had that good-for-kids touch and approach, and was very patient and sweet to him. I was so happy. Dresden, well, he was inconvenienced and annoyed, but I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking...

This face pretty much sets the tone...

 The sweet shaggy mop

Trying to watch "Cars" and go to his 'happy place'

 Artistic camera work courtesy the hubs

 Halfway there...(I like this one mostly for his little nose)

Fascinated by the fact that he cannot see his arm or hand...

No more mop, or curly curls = bittersweet, but at least his hair grows like weeds

 I almost cried when she was doing this 
just because it felt like such a "big boy" thing to be doing!

"Okay, Lady, I tried to be nice. But I've had just about enough."

Another artistic shot (I'm actually blurry like that in real life...)

And the finished, much shorter product, albeit from the back. He was busy oogling cheerleaders doing flips to look at us for pictures at that point. There was a cheer/gymastics gym in the same building. It was an odd amalgam of businesses. I just thought it was hilarious that he ran straight over and right up to the glass to see the girls. 'Atta boy! ;-D


The front of his hair, and his general cuteness can be seen pretty well in our new "Valentine's" header. Like it? I think Alex did an awesome job, and considering the atrocious mood of the subject of the photos when we tried to capture those pictures, they turned out wonderfully. Tomorrow I will probably post more of those pics and talk about that "shoot" and our week a bit.

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

Love,

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment