I honestly have no idea how it's been so long between posts. So this is basically a blog to bring us a bit closer to March and check back in, so hopefully I can start finding motivation and posting more often than not again! We haven't been up to a whole lot around here, but we HAVE been enjoying the crazy summer-like end-of-Texas-winter weather. Last Saturday, we decided to check out the fanciful town of Granbury, Texas! The last time I was in Granbury was for the after-prom party at Kristen's family's lakehouse (shout out, Kristen! :-D), so that was, yikes, ELEVEN years ago! And for that trip it was 2 a.m. and pitch-black while we were there, and we were high school kids after prom, so there was obviously no old town square sightseeing done.
I thought the square was SO cute, and would have loved to spend a lot more time venturing into all the little shops, had I not been encumbered by a certain almost-2-year-old who was NOT in the mood to sight-see an old Victorian square/very tempted to run out into the road passing through the square the entire time. I LOVED the old clocktower. And we did get some amazing chocolate and got to taste a bit of wine in this quaint, well, wine and chocolate shop. It felt so sophisticated and grown-up to be having a free wine and chocolate pairing in the middle of the afternoon. And then Dresden puked up the chocolate-covered graham cracker we bought him there. And reality came spiraling back into curdled-milk-vomit view. (It is so sad how many times I've used the phrase curdled milk vomit on this blog. Nobody should have to live this way! LOL.) Here are some pics we got while we were there...(sans vomit. You're welcome.)
Let me just say...what it looks like Dresden was doing with his finger in this picture,
was kind of his attitude about the whole adventure!
One of the few shots we got of him holding still
The old clocktower
An old sign I loved
Annnnd...MELTDOWN! (Post-puke, as you can see by his change in apparel)
How can a kid go from the above to this in 2 seconds flat?
Crackers fix everything!
But seriously, I considered leaving him here for the afternoon...ok, not seriously. But kind of.
We ate at a German restaurant on our way out of town; it was really good - delicious German potatoes! And then, exhausted by two hours of a very nearly non-stop screaming, squirming, puking toddler, I slept on the 40-mile drive home, lol.
I just loved how preppy and beachy he looked, like he was heading for a clambake in the Hamptons or on Nantucket. (Do they have clambakes in the Hamptons? I know nothing of how that half lives...Nor am I even 100% certain of where the Hamptons actually are.)
I'm imagining he's singing some sort of pirate's sea-chanty here.
I love the moments when he's "all boy", like this one.
Contemplation among the waves and rocks...
And then it was all downhill from there, because he kept shivering at lunch...and then had a fever that afternoon. Sick, again! I felt pretty bad that we'd made him stand out in the cold wind when he was sick (unbeknownst to us, in our defense!). He's on the road to recovery it seems, and I think it's just teething, but he hasn't been eating well all week, and has been having some stomach issues. I just want my poor baby to be well! I feel like every two weeks he's sick again :-( But anything in the name of pictures of cute sweaters, right? ;-)
Since he's been sick, again, we've been sticking pretty much around the house, and unfortunately, watching more television than we normally allow. But I have to admit, I kind of love just having him sit on my lap as we watch Handy Manny together, or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Is that so wrong?! He's gotten a LOT better about wanting to read books, and allowing us to read to him though, too, so I feel like he's not being completely stunted by t.v.
Hopefully we will have more exciting things to report, soon. I do have plans for us to attend the North Texas Irish Festival the first weekend of March. Now if only I could find a little tiny kilt for the D to wear, my plans would come together perfectly! I love the month of March; maybe because it's the start of Spring, maybe because it hosts my favorite of the lesser-celebrated holidays, St. Patrick's Day, I don't know. But I love it! And I can't wait. And then it's just one more month until I turn the big 2-9. I cannot believe that's almost here, either. How am I almost thirty? Seriously. So, anyway, stay tuned, and I will get back into the swing of things, I promise!
Hope y'all have a fabulous weekend starting tomorrow!
Love,
Cassie, Alex and Dresden
















love this post!! love grandbury- isnt it so cute??!! and I know parenting is so hard and they act so crazy, but I have to say that Dresden is SO cute!! like when you say that he just had a meltdown- you would never know because he just looks so cute! and his curly hair! I Love it!! Not that that always makes it easier, but he is so so cute!!
ReplyDeleteAwww, thank you!!! I know what you mean about his meltdowns, he's pretty dramatic, so I think most of them are fairly well-acted, which is why he's able to turn them off and turn the charm back on so quickly, lol. His hair is definitely a treasure, I have no clue where he got it from! And Granbury is great! I can't wait to go back...maybe just Alex and me next time, hehe.
ReplyDelete