I'm going to be honest. I have NO idea what to type in regard to this post! Sometimes I feel like we are just continually posting the same kinds of pretty pictures, but that the posts have very little substance to them. Not counting my mom because she would never ever tire of it, does anyone get tired of just looking at pictures of Dresden? I mean, I don't, cuz he's my kid and I happen to think he's pretty great...but I just don't want to be one of those blogs where people are rolling their eyes going "Really? MORE pictures of the kid? Come ON!" What should I write about? Maybe I need some ideas from y'all. Feel free to leave a comment or message me on Facebook if you have any ideas for post topics! In the meantime maybe I'll go stalk some of the other 100 blogs I read and steal topic ideas from them...hehe. I'm not too proud, I'll totally do it. Okay, enough about my blogging paranoia psychosis (for now).
Today we went to Trinity Park in Fort Worth so Dresden could ride the train that goes through there and up to the zoo. He's still not feeling quite himself; (ESPECIALLY after waking us up at 2:20 a.m. and fighting his way into our room to lay there, kicking and yelling for molk (milk), waddah (water) and teetee (TV) for TWO AND A HALF HOURS.) Not some of my better parenting moments, folks; there was a LOT of angrily snapping "GO TO SLEEP!", and teeth-grinding, and "uggggghhhh"-ing (in the most exhasperated voice possible) going on. I LOVE this age; but the horrendous disruption in the routine that accompanies teething is NOT okay. Something else that's not okay - my apparent addiction to parentheses. And the use of exclamation points, and the improper use and over-use of ellipses. But who's counting?
Okay, so let me begin again...He's still not feeling quite himself, so he was pretty distraught while we ate lunch and the train kept passing us; that's like torture for a 20-month-old boy who loves trains! But as soon as we finished lunch, we drove over to the little depot and waited for the train to board. Again, it was evident he was not feeling 100%, because he was the mellowest, quietest little boy you've EVER seen on this train ride. Usually he's super-hyper and talks a lot when he is happy. But it was as though he was contemplating a philosophy lecture on existentialism the entire train ride. Maybe he was; I did catch him reading a copy of some Nietzsche the other day in his high chair...(I kid. I kid. Except it wasn't that funny, and kidding is supposed to be funny.)
This may have been the biggest smile we got of the whole ride:
I take that back. It was this one, his fake "smile" pose that he does when I say "Smile!"
Look at the deep introspection in those eyes...
"So, all thumbs are always fingers...but not all fingers are thumbs? Woah. That's deep."
The Trinity Park Train a'turnin (gotta love alliteration!)
Mellow or not, still the sweetest face I've ever seen.
The fun engineer
Seriously, who thought this up? In my mind, it went something like this:
(read this in your mind's best Scottish brogue for full-effect)
"Angus?"
"Yes Fergus?"
"Do you think you could carry that yonder tree trunk a few feet and then throw it a few feet in front of you?"
"Aye, I reckon I could."
"Okay, let's see."
The end.
This just makes me giggle.
The fine engine in all its shiny splendor.
Poor boy, fell asleep for the last 10 minutes. But what a sweet ten minutes it was for me, getting to feel the Texas breeze (it was a BEAUTIFUL day!), and look down at the little angel face and the eyelashes that go for miles. Love.
So that was our Saturday! Dresden slept the whole way home, and then fell asleep again when we got inside (and so did we!), and had a bit of a fever. It seemed to break while he slept, and so after a brief period of extreme clingy-ness and fussing, he perked up a bit. We took that opportunity to RUN out of the house for a much-needed date night. We went to Razzoos. Yum! Our sweet, blonde-haired waitress made us laugh when Alex ordered an "Arnold Palmer."When she brought it, she explained to us "Yeah, I don't know if I made it right, I made one for another guy one time but had no idea what it was til he explained it, and then he told me all about this golfer, named, like, Arnold Palmer, and I was like "Oh...?!?!" nervousgiggle, nervousgiggle, nervousgiggle.
It was movie-moment perfect y'all!
And now we are sitting here at the Starbucks while I blog and listen to Smokey Robinson over the speakers. Not a bad Saturday at all!
Hope y'all had great Saturdays and have a beautiful Sunday tomorrow! Please, please pray that there will be no 2 a.m. wake-ups for us tonight - I might lose my mind completely.
Love,
Cassie, Alex and Dresden












Personally I love your blog and I LOVE seeing pictures of Dresden! I don't know maybe it is that motherly instinct (or just a stalking addiction) that I have to see my friend's babies and know what fun things they are up too as well. I am pretty sure it is the latter =) LOL! Dresden is a beautiful boy! Thank you for keeping us up to date. Continue on!
ReplyDeleteThanks Steph!!! That definitely makes me feel better! (I have that same stalking addiction, hehe)
ReplyDeleteGirl, I haven't seen you in years and have never met your adorable boy, but I totally love looking at pics of him. He's a cutie pie and the pics are always amazing. Great pics + fantastically adorable child = awesomeness.
ReplyDeleteAnd really? Your mom gets tired of them? HOW is this POSSIBLE?
Love the blog and all the updates about Dresden. I read it all the time. Would love to see more pictures of all three of you, but realize that might be difficult to accomplish. Love to all, Aunt Mary Lynn
ReplyDeleteEmily - thank you!!! I mistyped it, my mom of course NEVER gets tired of the pictures. I will continue with the awesomeness! :-)
ReplyDelete