Monday, May 2, 2011

23 Months Old!

I cannot believe that in a month's time, I will be telling everyone who asks "He's 2." And then probably crying a little, on the inside at least. Two years ago today, I was sitting at my surprise baby shower back in Parker, on a cold, grey day just like this one here in Texas today. I cannot even believe that much time has passed. Will I ever stop saying that?


I don't think much as changed from the 22-month post...everything is just increasing, you know? His vocabulary is huge, and his ability to mimic/parrot words we say is almost limitless. He loves to talk about things "biting you", like crocodiles and sharks, and today, while he was supposed to be napping, instead he was talking to me about "Real goggies (doggies) bite you, big!" and I told him, "No, doggies are sweet. But crocodiles will eat your face!" (it was funny, just imagine it). So he started saying "Diles bite you, big!" which he says a lot, and he repeated that a bunch of times. That made me think he hadn't internalized what I said about crocodiles eating your face, until I said, "What else will crocodiles do?" To which he said, "Diles eat face," so seriously. It cracked me up. And then he said the same thing about sharks, lol. He is afraid of "montahs" (monsters) and when he wants me to stay in his room longer at night he goes "I skeewed (scared)" and starts talking about "montahs getchu" and being very dramatic about it. But then I remind him about how monsters like Mike Wazowski are nice and they make you laugh, and he feels better about it. He's so funny.


He's going through a non-eating phase right now, but I am really thinking/hoping it's because his top two canines are just poking through, so maybe his mouth hurts. Speaking of hurts, he got his first blisters, one on each heel, because brilliant me put new shoes on him with no socks (he doesn't like socks now that it's warm). They are horrible, and it is so sad when he says "Heels, huwt," and there's nothing we can do except keep neosporin and bandaids at the ready. I'm so mad at myself, but he wasn't even walking that much the day I put them on him; it must have just happened really quickly.

For his birthday in June we will have a family "party" at home on his actual birthday, then we will be flying to Denver to celebrate with Alex's side of the family that weekend, and then we'll have a party for him with my side of the family the following weekend. It's his Golden Birthday this year, two on the 2nd, so the theme is "You Are My Sunshine" and everything will be yellow. I'm pretty excited!

The constant, while he continues to grow and change so much month-to-month, is that I am so in love with him it kills me! Although the days are long (sooooo long), he is such a sweet, funny boy, and I love watching him and learning about him and who he is as his personality continues to emerge.

Happy 23 Months my baby boy; I love you so! You are almost not a baby at all anymore! (tears...)

No comments:

Post a Comment