TOOK DRESDEN TO HIS FIRST MOVIE IN A MOVIE THEATRE!!!
What movie did he see for his first theatre-viewing experience? Why,
JUST KIDDING! SHEESH!
We went and saw "Rio", because aside from Kung Fu Panda 2, there aren't many cartoon options out right now, and we figured Rio would be less crowded since it's been out longer.
We were right! Dresden sat right down and started munching on popcorn, and became mesmerized as soon as the previews started. We kept telling him "You're seeing your first big movie!" So after every preview he'd say "First movie ovah (over)!" again and again. It was so cute. I kept checking the time surreptitiously throughout the movie...saying to myself "Okay...we've made it 30 minutes in!" "Okay, we've made it an hour!" "Okay...the credits are rolling, we made it ALL THE WAY through!!!" I was so proud of him! He only got restless a few times, but more "pah-kohn" (popcorn) was a sure-fire, easy way to appease him a little longer. He stayed in his seat/on our arm rests the entire time, and only yelled out a couple of times "Big birds FLYIN'!!!" It was so cute. It just reaffirmed again for me that I will have a 2-year-old in 5 days. He is so grown up. The movie itself was fairly cute; there were some funny giggle-worthy parts, though some parts were kind of slow. All in all though, I think it was a great first choice for him. It also happened to be created/directed by the makers of his absolute favorite dvd of all time, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, so that added some street cred in Dresden's mind I'm sure.
So there ya' have it! Another milestone! I have to admit, my mind flashed forward to this thought: "Think of all the Christmas movies we'll get to take him to this year!!!" (Already I'm wishing for fall/winter. Today's heat about killed me.)
We hope you have a great rest of your Memorial Day weekend!
Love,
Cassie




Way to go Dresden! Now I want some popcorn...
ReplyDelete