Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Eve

After Dresden's exciting first yesterday, we said "hey, why stop there?" and we took him to the pool at The Keller Pointe! No great pictures because it was one of those participate instead of take pictures kind of dilemmas, and I chose, as did Alex, the participate option. Surprisingly though, it was not nearly as difficult to keep Dresden from dangerous water situations as I had anticipated. He went under a couple of times and swallowed too much water a couple of other times, but for the most part kept his head above water, and even let us try a few little floating/kicking exercises with him. The downside was, inside the air conditioning was on full blast, so the poor guy was turning blue, but when we took him outside, the wind kept blowing and the water was just cold enough that the combination made for one shivery baby boy. Pretty soon he said he wanted out. Then after he was able to sit wrapped in, per his request, two towels, he decided he wanted to give it another go. But about a minute in decided he'd like the towels again, lol. So it was a relatively short, but exceedingly sweet experience, and I definitely look forward to taking him again! And maybe getting some cool pictures then, too.

Today's "cool pictures" are brought to you by "Memorial Day Cupcake Baking with Grammy". Dresden helped stir and pour and eventually frost his own red, white and blue cupcakes while Grammy supervised. It was merely a fantastic coincidence that he did so in a pair of red, white and blue pajamas (I live for fantastic coincidences such as these!) He was SO focused and serious about his baking, and in the end, so proud of himself - I love it. He really, really enjoys having tasks and jobs to do, and proclaims himself "Good helper!" whenever he can. Today was no exception.

Starting on the batter...




Placing the muffin cups with mathematical precision



A more relaxed approach to cup-filling 
"Let the batter fall where it may", that's how Dresden likes to roll.




Look at the frosting swoosh! It's a patented technique of his.


Pointing out his amazing skills


Have you ever seen more beautiful batter placement? I think not!


Several hours later...The frosting begins.



Notice the "sweet" little ear tipped in frosting...




With GUSTO!!!


He does NOT like to get his hands dirty, so naturally, this was the obvious way to go...


"Okay, fine, I'll try and be civilized!" I love the frosting moustache.



Frosting-faced smirk <3


 Sweeter than any cupcake in the world...



The finished product:


A proud baker:



He did more face-to-plate cupcake eating after dinner, which we got on film. He was being hilarious. And we got him to say "God Bless America" and "Happy Memorial Day", which couldn't have been any more precious. We have one day left of our Memorial Day holiday, but I'm not sure how we will top the fun we had today, or yesterday. We shall see if we can!

I hope y'all all had beautiful Memorial Day weekends; can't wait to read/hear about them.

Love,

Cassie 

No comments:

Post a Comment