I told her I wanted to do something New Mexican-y, so we went to the Petroglyph National Park and saw these guys. They were pretty cool, especially when you considered they were thousands of years old...
Pretty Albuquerque skyline...It was awesome to be near mountains again. Not the majestic grandeur of the Rockies, but beautiful just the same! These are The Sandias, named such because they turn pink at night (Sandia means watermelon in Spanish)
"We're the three best friends that anybody ever had..." Em, J.R. and me!
A cool warrior guy
The sky's the limit!
Not sure what this is depicting, except the star...I think those are birds on the left, too...
This is the hill we climbed
More carvings
On Saturday night, we got dressed up and went to the Hard Rock Cafe casino for some dancing! Do y'all know how long it's been since I've been dancing? My feet were reminding me all day the next day, but it was so worth it, and so much fun.
On our way to the casino...
In the dark on the dancefloor, so I had to use the snazzy enhancing effects on my not-iPhone, lol!
Then, to cap off the trip, on Sunday, we found this guy:
The most GIGANTIC caterpillar I have EVER seen. We named him Heimlich, and talked for him in a German accent as we performed a dramatic rescue mission to get him off the driveway.
Then before it was time for me to get on the plane we went to Old Town and got some souvenirs to take back for Dresden, and learned the sad tale about Mexican Jumping Beans (did you know they are a certain kind of caterpillar that comes from ONLY one single area in Mexico?), and went to a Christmas store. Emily is Mrs. Christmas, so this was only apropos, and seeing all the decor made me SOOOO excited. I loved this carved Nativity.
And St. Francis always makes me miss my little Grandma...
The trip was wonderful, and it was hard to leave, though I did miss my little man who stayed home with Daddy, and who talked to me every day multiple times. Hearing his little voice on the phone, he sounded so grown up. Emily and I are already planning our next get together; I just hope it will be sooner than later! Here's to much-needed vacations!
Love,
Cassie
















No comments:
Post a Comment