Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Long And Short of It

While I can't promise anything, I am really hoping September proves a better month for blogging. As is apparent, August just was not our month. Novembers seem to really either be maker or breaker months for us, so we are setting our hopes on another great November this year, one in which Alex will land an amazing job with fantastic benefits and a boss he loves to be around on a daily basis. Prayers and positive vibes are so, so appreciated right now; we need every ounce of support we can get.

Okay, so back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Two fun things happened at the end of August that made up for the less-than-stellar beginning. First, I got a  MAJOR haircut...(which you probably noticed in my vlog the other day, but I wanted to blog about it anyway). I wasn't originally going to do anything drastic, but I think I needed some sort of clean-slate, a catharsis, if you will after all the ickyness of the layoff, and one day I woke up with my mind made. I was going to Dianna Agron my hair:


And I followed through, and went from this:


(Nevermind that I take WAY too many self-portraits. 
You'd really think with my low level of self-esteem that I wouldn't do it, but it's habit-forming, really!)

To this:


Not quite Dianna Agron (as I said on FB, more like the 'edgy Dorothy Hamil'), 
but I still really felt refreshed and happy with it. I had her put in darker blonde, too, 
in preparation for Fall. (do we capitalize Fall? I never know!)

To commemorate my new-do, Alexander worked his photography magic for me. Can I just say however, how WEIRD I feel putting all these pictures of myself on here? I really hope no one is like "Wow, she certainly is full of herself now isn't she?!" I promise, I very much am not. I hardly ever feel cute or pretty or even halfway decent these days, so this was a complete departure for me. But I did promise my own Mama I'd put these up, so here they are for all to see. I promise that (narcissistic self-portraits aside) I really am as modest as they come....

Still, didn't stop me from doin' a little model-armage, lol!



Me with the TRUE star of the show...


EXTREME close-up



Sweetness



So, here's to fresh starts and the literal and symbolic riddance to dead-ends (jobs and hairs, alike)! 


The SECOND (even better, more fun) thing after my new haircut, was when I got packed and ready and headed off to Albuquerque to see my beloved Emily...but that I'll save for the next post...

Love,

Cassie





No comments:

Post a Comment