Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Coming of Autumn!

On September 4th, it happened. A whisper of Fall came to North Texas. And it was glorious; it was magnificent. To feel a temperature drop of nearly 30 degrees was nothing short of miraculous. Seriously, I'm not even exaggerating. The windows were open when I woke up, and the minute I felt the breeze, my entire mood changed, a weight had been lifted. Immediately my thoughts turned to boots and sweaters and scarves, and spiced apple cider and soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, the smell of chimney smoke in the air. Now, don't get me wrong, I am a seasoned Texan, and I knew better than to get my hopes up that it would continue on a downward temperature slope for long, and by now, it has pretty much leveled off and is settling around 93 for the days' highs, but still, that day, I just took it all in, and it stayed cool for the next few days as well.

For me now, regardless of the temperature gauge, it is officially Autumn!!! And if it's Autumn for me, it's Autumn for Dresden, too, which means pants and plaid shirts, like the one you'll see here! Dresden could really care less about the temperature; it has to be blazingly hot for him to ask to go back inside, but I am so, so glad that we are finally able to go for walks in the evening again, and go to the park at any time of day. This past Saturday, we took him to the park for some "Fall Pictures", where he got to play with his "real" football at the park. Alex and I laugh at ourselves, because we are not sports people, but now that we have Dresden, whom we want to expose to every opportunity, we actually go to the park or out to the backyard and "play" football with him. And guess what? It is SO much fun!!! Alex is actually great at throwing a football - who knew?!? These pictures were also in order since it's new blog header time! I'm so excited for this season. In my continued look for change and catharsis as we weather this storm, it brings nothing but hope that something great is right around the corner. And in the meantime, we have Dresden to make us laugh and keep us busy and distracted with his best Harry Potter "EXPELLIARMUS!" spell castings.


And faces like these...




I call this one "Introspection and Pigskin"


I call this one, "Mama and Daddy told me to go get the football and pose with it, but I'm not going to!"


"And I think I'm hilarious for it!"


Oh, Dresden...


 This one looks like a Land's End Kids catalog picture to me, haha


"Laces Out!" ;-)



So, what are you looking forward to about Fall?!

Love,

Cassie




No comments:

Post a Comment