Friday, October 22, 2010

Dresden and Cyrus

On Thursday, Dresden and I went and met up with Alyssa and Cyrus at the Grapevine Botanical Gardens. Alyssa and I hadn't seen each other in about 11 years, not since around the time we played sisters Adriana and Luciana in our One-Act performance of "A Comedy of Errors" at good ol' Colleyville-Heritage High! And now we are living out our own comedies of errors (well, me at least, ha!) and have baby boys! So we thought it would be fun to see what they thought of each other.

At first, we weren't sure they even noticed each other. They kind of wandered around on their own. And then, when they decided to engage, it began a bit like a stand off at 10 paces!



And then began the delicate dance of sharing versus treacherous temptation. We watched with bated breath to see what these boys were made of. Would they fight? Would they share?


And I'm pretty sure what's happening there in the picture below is Cyrus is saying, "Well, you're 16 [months], right? Why don't you drive? I only have my learner's permit."


And Dresden says "Yeah, I can pull off some killer donuts in the parking lot." To which Cyrus says, "On second thought, that sounds a bit reckless. I think I'll keep the keys."


And Dresden, although feeling a bit defeated, stands up and says "Ok, suit yourself, Dude."


But seriously, they did really well during the time they interacted. Dresden is teething HARD-core, so he was a bit more mellow than usual. He didn't nap yesterday aside from a couple of cat naps here and there, so I'm surprised he wasn't screaming his head off by the time we got to the park. Surprised, but very, very grateful that he decided to go the shy/mellow route instead of the tantrum route. Have I mentioned how much teething is evil? It is SO evil, for everyone involved. We think we get a free pass by not remembering what it felt like when it happened to us. Well, that pass is revoked for anyone who has kids of their own, as we then relive our own teething nightmares vicariously through our children. It's so sad that something like getting teeth has to be such a violent process! I think we should all just be born with our pearly whites intact (like Renesmee! ;-), as weird as that would look. Ok, but I digress again. 

It was a lot of fun catching up with Alyssa and sharing baby-boy stories, and talking about the people we used to be in theatre with who are now actually out there making a name for themselves. It is absolutely crazy what a difference a decade can make; crazy, and awesome! I hope we can get together again the next time they are back in town for a visit.

Have a great weekend, TGIF!

Love,

Cassie, Alex and Dresden

No comments:

Post a Comment