While I was away getting my water-aerobics on, Dresden was taking a nice cozy nap, from which he awoke quite chipper and sweet when I got home. I have to say, I looooove the naps that help him wake up in sweet-boy mode. The other kind, the naps where he wakes up in Captain Crankypants-mode, those I have less love for. By miles. So, anyway, I'm just thankful today was the former.
Our extremely picky eater made me happy again when he decided it was agreeable to his palette to enjoy some gouda cheese for a snack when he woke up. We are just about at our wit's end with his appetite and food repertoire, so anytime a new "like" sneaks in there it is pretty much a watershed event for us. For me, anyway; Momma gets STRESSED out with his dislike of food and eating.
Tonight for dinner we tried apples again, and he grooved on those quite nicely. Then, I tried to get fancy and sneak in some gouda with the apple slices, but apparently, while a sophisticated boy he is indeed, he was unwilling to expand his horizons quite that far. Oh well, I had to try.
Tonight, as my parents reveled in the glory that is their new iMac computer (it's so beautiful, I'm feeling a little verklempt!), Dresden did what he does best, and turned a random, unsuspecting household item into a toy (with the help of his sidekick, Daddy, of course). Today's feature, the industrial strength fan. Dresden likes to stand in front of it and get blasted with air that makes his hair stand up like Einstein and Beethoven. See for yourself!
My little magician:
Mr. Wizard:
So, like I said, it was a pretty low-key day. And it will probably be a pretty low-key day tomorrow. We like to keep it pretty low-key around here, lol. I'm really excited for Saturday, though, because it's the Monarch Migration festival in Grapevine that I mentioned last weekend. I'm hoping Dresden will go crazy for the pretty butterflies, while I myself will be ducking in fear at the slightest flutters I'm sure. Bugs and I (yes, butterflies are still BUGS, regardless of their beautiful, gossamer wings), we aren't friends. Though I have a feeling my relationship with bugs will have to evolve if I'm to be any kind of self-respecting "boy mom" at all. On our walk yesterday, I made the mistake of pointing out a huge earthworm wriggling on the sidewalk and Dresden just HAD to touch it. I get this feeling that bugs are a big part of my future. And so, we start with butterflies, one of the more innocuous of the etymological bunch.
Have a great Friday!!! Weekend here we come!
Love,
Cassie, Alex and Dresden



No comments:
Post a Comment