Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall Festivities: Nash Farm Fall Round-up



Today we (and Grammy and Papa, too) took Dresden to the historic Nash Farm in downtown Grapevine, the city I called home for the longest period of time in my life thus far. I knew I was in trouble with the 3/4-sleeve cardigan I had on when the temperature on the dash said 73 degrees at 9:30 a.m. Here I was, ready for a crisp Autumn day at the farm, and by the time we started walking it had to have been at least 80! Sheesh. Still, crazy Texas weather aside, we had a fun time watching Dresden, especially as he saw animals up close (besides doggies) for the first time inside the petting fence.

There were two weird looking hens, the likes of which I'd never seen (and y'all, I'm from Arkansas. I've seen some chickens in my time!), several goats, a black bunny rabbit, a sheep, and a pony. I wish we had video of the pony sneezing, and scaring Dresden so bad! (But it was funny, I promise, and then as soon as he was over it he was like "Alright Pony, I'm not scared of you!" and was chomping at the bit (no pun intended, ha ha), to go see him again.) Here are some pictures from our morning.

In the picture below, Dresden and I are waiting in line to see the animals.



Future goat farmer?


Orating on the basic tenants of Animal Husbandry...


Admiring the beautiful (read: dingy, lol) wool of the cute little sheep.


Mr. GQ Himself, on the front porch of the Nash Family Home.


We had hoped there would be a big pumpkin patch to take pictures of him crawling around in, but there wasn't, so that is our next mission, should we choose to accept it (we do!) Little man was tuckered out after his farm adventure and slept and played inside the rest of the day. Tonight, he fashioned a turned-over plastic tupperware bin into a pedestal, and gave some fine speeches before going down in five-minutes-flat at 8:30. He's such a funny boy, we love him!

Next weekend, it's back to Grapevine for the Monarch Migration Festival (they always make a pit-stop on their way to vacay in Mexico for the winter). We'll be back before then, but I'm sure those pictures will be fun, so make sure to come back and look by next weekend for sure! 

Have a great Sunday!

Love,

Cassie, Alex and Dresden

No comments:

Post a Comment