Happy Halloween everyone! I can't believe it's come and gone already, and that October is over! More than that, I can't believe a year has passed since Dresden's first Halloween! Last year, 4-month-old Dresden was asleep for most of Halloween night. We tried to keep him awake to see the trick-or-treaters that came by Emily and J.R.'s house, but he was not interested! And this year he was running around the neighborhood in his little costume, holding his pumpkin candy bag all by himself. (Cue the sentimental sigh). I think, in total, we only visited like five or six houses; poor guy was kind of overwhelmed by the whole idea, though you could tell toward the end he was like, "Hmmm, I get to get gushed over for how adorable I am, and then get to pick something out of a bowl that mom says is chalk-full of sugar, all by myself? Okay!" He was soooo tired when we got home from all the excitement, that he wouldn't even do a little Frankenbaby Thriller dance performance for me for the video camera. Imagine that. (I think I have some latent stage-mom tendencies, lol). It was just so cute to see him being such a big boy and going up to the door and standing there all brave (unless the house or candy dishes had creepy stuff, like skeleton hands that clamped down on you, involved. To that I say, "Come on people, have a baby-friendly dish too!"). He is just getting to be SUCH a big boy. And cue a second sentimental sigh.
And now onto the important stuff...This will be a pretty picture-heavy post, so consider yourself warned!
Before going out to Trick or Treat...not sure what to think about his costume yet...
FrankenADORABLE!
Excellent use of Halloween ambience lighting here, Alex! :-D
He is always prone to quiet moments of serious introspection when the camera comes out, lol.
Mummy's eye-view
Up to the door with Daddy like a big boy! Sooo cute!!! (my humble, biased, excited opinion of course)
Frankenstein's Monster on the move!
We hope y'all had a Happy Halloween! I'm already excited about next year! So many costume ideas already swirling around, hehe.
Be back in a few days for Mr. Dresden Grey's 17-month Birthday post. I can't believe I'm about to have an 18-month-old. Have a good start to your week!
Love,
Cassie, Alex and Dresden
No comments:
Post a Comment