Anyway, we went to the Dallas Arboretum yesterday, and the flowers were in full bloom, as promised, and so beautiful. The downside was that the Texas heat was in full bloom yesterday too (hard to believe it's 50 degrees and rainy today!), and the heat and I do not mesh well together. Alex jokingly said he was so happy I'm such a trooper - ha! (which means he said this right after my hundredth complaint about sweating and my jeans sticking to my legs - ick.) I also worried about my fair-skinned little imp getting burnt despite the sunscreen we slathered on him. The worries proved to be unfounded (thank you, 50 SPF!), but he did get quite hot, as evidenced by the rosiest cheeks you ever saw. In retrospect, a park with tulips may have been a poor choice for a 21-month-old in terms of enjoyment factor, but he was a trooper (unlike his mother), and did his best to have fun.
Here he definitely looks like he's having fun...or about to get into mischief...lol
And...cue the mischief
Wiggle worm refusing to sit on the bench
"Um...I seem to be a bit stuck, help?!"
There were these little kid-sized Texas cabins that had pots and pans and bunkbeds and DIRT -
so of course he had to visit all of them!
I was honestly surprised how narrow the covered wagon was on the inside.
I cannot imagine having to travel in one of those things!
Forging the Oregon Trail, Ma and Junior ;-)
Gratuitous pretty flower pictures, a la Alexander
Visiting The Little Mermaid's "castle"...the arboretum has an exhibit of 7 "princess/fairy tale castles" until December 31st. We didn't visit each one because of my lack of trooper-ness, but we did pass by all of them. It made me want to break out my Disney VHS's!
Inside the "Jack and the Beanstalk" cottage
Enjoying one of about 10 graham crackers for the afternoon.
This is the life!
Gratuitous Crepe Myrtle branch picture. If you want to know my idea of perfection and beauty, it's any sort of rural road or path, with trees on each side whose branches arch toward each other and meet in the middle. That is the most peace-bringing sight and experience for me; I have no idea why, I just LOVE it. Like a natural cathedral arch. So now you know, lol :-)
After the Arboretum, since we were already in Dallas, we went and walked around and ate in the West Village. I wish I could live somewhere like that, in a fancy loft apartment directly above a Starbucks. I realize I am a walking contradiction, "Nature's cathedrals and Starbucks, you complete me...", but it's true. An old friend described me perfectly a long time ago as a BoBo - a bourgeois bohemian. That's basically a fancy term for a hippie who can't live without her Macbook Pro because its screen is dead :-D
We were EXHAUSTED, but of course Mister No-Nap had boundless energy until bedtime. How does he do it?! We were going to take him to the park today and let him run off that energy until his little heart was content, but like I said, it was soooo cold today. So my mom and I took him shopping with us instead, which was decidedly less fun for him, but a lot of fun for me, hehe. I'll make it up to him on the next sunny day, though.
Okay, I'm beginning to ramble. I hope you all had fabulous weekends, and that your week is off to a great start tomorrow.
Love,
Cassie

















Love the pictures and the flowers and heat make me jealous! I am soooo one for heat (grew up in Las Vegas) so I am opposite when it comes to the weater...I complain all through Winter until it gets to be about 85 degrees and then I am a happy lady.=)
ReplyDelete