The tantrum I mentioned in my previous post, and the sleepless night (for Alex, I called "NOT IT!" and won that one) that followed, must have been a case of "the worst is a sign it's nearly over", because the little laddie was vastly improved the following morning. He slept for a really long time, but during his back-to-normal scheduled nap time, and was in much better spirits. That hasn't stopped him from pulling the "wake up at 1 a.m. and cry and scream and threaten to vomit until you let me sleep in your bed" routine for the past two days, but we all know habits are hard to break, so I'm cutting some slack to a tiny person with extremely low levels of impulse control. Cutting slack still isn't at its pageant-best when it's 2 a.m. and the boy wants "molk", but I keep trying to remind myself we will be back to normal sooner than later. That said, I am praying tonight will be even smoother still.
As you see, we've gone "green" over here at Lx3 (solar-powered computers and shampoo without phlalates and everything! Okay, not exactly...) But, Smart cars aside, we did go to the Grapevine Botanical Gardens tonight after Alex left work, to take some pictures so we could make our new month of March header. Spring has sprung at the gardens, and the perfect temperature and slowly setting sun made me wish I could curl up on one of the benches and read a book for hours in the solitude (my daydreams include a lot of solitude, wonder why?!?) with the sweet fragrance of honeysuckle drifting about on the breeze. Our
I was pretty proud of my budding botanist for gently squeezing,
and not completely annihilating, the tulips.
I just love the way Alex caught him walking in this one.
It's a not-a-care-in-the-world kind of walk.
I love this one...Alex took it looking down at D holding his hand...sigh.
My Lucky Charm
This is a three-part series. I call it "Harmony: A Boy And His Seed Pod"
Looking at the fish; I love the backlighting of the sun.
Just LOL.
Quintessential Dresden, right here folks...
Tomorrow it's up whenever we manage to drag ourselves out of bed bright and early to head to the Irish Festival!!! I am SO excited; I really hope it lives up to expectations. I loved the one we went to in Denver a few times, and it wasn't great, so I'm really hoping to be blown away by what claims to be the largest Celtic festival in the southwest. Should it deliver, you can, of course, expect another post very soon filled to the brim with pictures of the day :-D
With that, I shall leave you with a traditional Irish blessing:
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.
May God be with you and bless you;
May you see your children's children.
May you be poor in misfortune,
Rich in blessings,
May you know nothing but happiness
From this day forward.
May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home
And may the hand of a friend always be near.
May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.
May God be with you and bless you;
May you see your children's children.
May you be poor in misfortune,
Rich in blessings,
May you know nothing but happiness
From this day forward.
May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home
And may the hand of a friend always be near.
May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you.
Love,
Cassie, Alex and Dresden










No comments:
Post a Comment