Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fort Worth Botanical Gardens, the Indian Summer Edition

On Friday, we decided to take advantage of our membership with the FW Botanical Gardens and go have a picnic. I was looking forward to breaking in my new brown boots and dressing in festive Autumnal hues, including a nice thin sweater cover-up to complete the look. Of course, true to form, Texas had other plans, and it was blazing hot by the time we got there. The picnic was nice enough in the shade, but walking around was miserable. I ended up taking off the sweater and looking ridiculous wearing a sleeveless shirt in the middle of October, with boots. Ugh. When will Autumn be here FOR GOOD?! I know I should have learned by now, but I guess I just keep blindly hoping the weather will surprise me. It never does; at least not in a good way. Still, the picnic was yummy, and we got to take some cute mother-son pictures which is a rare occurrence, so I was happy about that.

Enjoying his first picnic. He kept saying "A picnic? What's that mean?"


Me and my sweet boy


Giggling!


Deep in conversation


Sweet kiss, awww.


This next series is fairly self-explanatory. The title of the series is "Wild Child".









A fall-festive orange flower


Dresden reading us the signs (for ALL the plants, all afternoon)


Interesting purple berries


This was what I meant when I said it was WAY too hot...yuck.


Sweet moment watching the turtles and fish in the little pond




Pictures by the pond



Pretty rose shot. Alex is so good with flower photography.





Alex was there too! Hehe.


Dresden's newest thing is "I wanna skish your face!"


With our membership, we get free admission to other botanical gardens around the country, the Dallas Arboretum being one such place. We hope to go sometime this coming week to check out the pumpkin village displays. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of excited about it! So, hopefully, pictures of that to come in the near future. What Autumnal rituals have you all been following?

Love,

Cassie




2 comments: