Sunday, October 23, 2011

Singin' In The Rain

About two weeks ago, on a day that felt like actual Fall, we had a crazy day-long rainstorm. It was magnificent. Anyone who knows me well, knows I live for the rain, and have a Mad Madame Mim-like (Sword In The Stone, Google it!) disdain for the sunshine. Seriously, I would prefer day after day of constant cloud cover and rain to bright blue sky and sun. I don't know why, but clouds and gray sky just make me happy. It's partly to do, I'm sure, with the fact that it's harder for it to be hot outside when it's cloudy, so there is that. But I digress. With my inherent love for storms and rain, naturally I am doing all I can to pass the sentiment on to my son (this is a big part of why his middle name is Grey). We stand in the garage any time it storms, or look out the window at least, and if I'm lucky, there have been a few times he wants to play out in it with me. The day of this rainstorm was one such day. We had been out in the garage and he said he wanted to play in the rain, but he was barefoot, so I said to go get shoes on. He ran inside and when I walked in, he was in his room and said, "I got boots, Mama!" He must have remembered seeing his little green rain boots (the ones he's always refused to try on when we've asked him up til now) in his closet, and he walked out with both of them on his feet, having put them on (although one was slightly askew) all by himself! I was amazed. So, we went out and proceeded to dance in the rain! It was one of the sweet moments, a cherished memory I will never forget. He kept saying "Mama, I just LOVE the rain!" over and over. We twirled our umbrellas, we spun, we puddle-jumped - it was awesome.

I had the perfect little mini-umbrella for him. He was so proud of it.


Sweet-faced boy


With rain jacket - it was actually pretty chilly!


Mama joins the fun!


(Yes, we are both still in our pajamas!)


Splashin'


Twirlin'


Love.

Our boots


And then after we were done, we had a family Starbucks date where Dresden drank his first "hot" hot cocoa, and Alex and I enjoyed lovely Caramel Apple Spices.



We had chili and cornbread for dinner, which officially rounded it out as the most perfect Autumn day so far. I can't wait for the next one!

Love,
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment