Monday, October 31, 2011

All Hallow's Eve...

For anyone who knows me well, they know Halloween is my favorite holiday. Christmas is a close second, but Halloween is just my perfect day. I love the lore, the romance of imagining the line between the living and the dead becoming blurred, the darkness, the spookiness of it all. I am very much a purist, too, when it comes to Halloween. It bothers me when people use Halloween as an excuse to dress in "inappopriate" attire (to put it mildly) and take it completely away from the spirit with which it was intended to be celebrated. Aside from the true historical reasons it was celebrated, at the very least, it's supposed to be about being scared, tuning into your dark side, and letting your imagination run away with you. Sexy nurses were nowhere to be seen around the original bonfires in the Celtic forests, people, come on! That said, I realize people are entitled to celebrate Halloween however they want to; this is completely my take and opinion on the holiday. And no, I'm not a Wiccan or a pagan, but they were the ones who originated the day until it was taken over by early Christians, so I like to stay true to the history. (Except I promise I won't be throwing the bones of sacrificed animals into a bonfire tonight - don't worry!)

So, in keeping with "staying true" to the nature of Halloween, I decided I wanted to have Alex take pictures of me in this cloak I've had for years. I've never gotten any satisfactory pictures with it, so I had him try...






Thank you, Alex, for indulging your crazy wife's obsession with dressing up and putting on LOTS of makeup in the middle of the day for very little reason at all :-D

I hope everyone has a safe and festive Samhain celebration!

Love,

Cassie





No comments:

Post a Comment