Alex took a full-length pic of me cuz I wanted to see if my outfit was acceptable. I determined that it was. You have no idea how amazing it feels to wear "cute" clothes again. (If you don't think they are cute, please just let me continue to delude myself and believe they are, hehe!)
I also determined that it is high time for a new driver's license photo! What do you think? The DL pic is from September of 2010. I am so happy I can see a difference!
Our anniversary celebration was very nice. A great dinner at Brio (we split our meal, something I never would have done in the "old days"!), a little perusing at Barnes and Noble, relaxing at Starbucks, and a Supernatural marathon when we get home. All of my favorite things!
A few other happenings from this week:
On Monday I became "that girl" and wore two different shoes to bootcamp. Danielle looked at me like I was crazy and asked what I was doing with two different shoes. I had no idea. I was switching out my insoles from one to the other, and I think Dresden distracted me and bam, next thing I knew, sprinting in two different shoes (same brand though, so maybe that gives me a little more credit?)
I experimented with 1930's hair, using my waving iron and capping it off with a cloche. Then it occurred to me I may be the only 29 and a half year old who plays dress up and plays with make-up while her 2-year-old son is napping (this may or may not be a regular occurrence...). Then I thought, do I really care if that makes me weird? Nah, it's too much fun.
On Thursday the temperature dropped into the 50s, and it was supposed to rain ALL day. Well, it didn't, not until right before bootcamp (when the below picture, of me contemplating whether or not I should really go through with bootcamp, was taken). And then, when it rained, it POURED, and blew and blustered and sleeted and gusted, and all the other storm terminology you can think of!
And Danielle and I were SOAKED to the bone, very nearly literally. But we were so proud of ourselves for persevering. We couldn't feel our legs, but we could feel pride!
It's such a crazy thing to think about how I'm doing bootcamp. I shake my head in disbelief quite often. This was our third week; last week is our final one. I cannot believe it's gone by so quickly, four days a week for an hour of more running, weight lifting, squatting, lunging, and "6 inches" than I've ever done in my life, and I LOVE it. I am excited to incorporate the exercises we've learned into my everyday workouts come November.
Before I went to get Hot Chocolate to defrost myself!
And this morning, the perfect 50-degree day, with a delicious bowl of steel cut oats. I am so excited to be making more of these now that the weather has officially begun to get colder.
Another major highlight for me this week happened on Tuesday. I went to Zumba for the first time in two weeks, and my teacher was late. We thought she'd be there after five or ten minutes, but she wasn't, and the natives were getting restless and talking about just doing a warm-up on our own. I realized I had my iPod in my bag, chalk-full of Zumba songs, and so I volunteered it. By volunteering my iPod, I was inadvertently volunteering myself to lead the class in the dances, and they pushed me to get in front. Being flustered, my classmates still had to help me remember certain moves for parts of the songs we did, but overall I felt pretty confident. My teacher Cristina walked in and was SO happy and proud of us for starting class without her, and then at the end, my other very favorite teacher came to check on us, and she asked one of the other students who started the class and the lady patted me on the shoulder and said "SHE DID!" Valeria, my teacher, asked me when I was going to be getting my Zumba teaching certification and joining her team, and then after class both of them told me I should get certified and assured me I had what it takes. SO...that is my new fitness goal! And since I reached yet another goal this week - 60 pounds gone - my mom made good on her promise that I could order some Zumba gear!!! Here's what I got:
Now we just have to pray they fit!!! :-D
Today Dresden and I went over to Danielle's for a playdate, and the kids made Halloween masks. Dresden really sort of channeled Michael Meyers when he had his mask on. He walked up to Danielle at one point while she was sitting on the floor and just stood there staring at her, not saying a word. I half expected him to cock his head to the side at any second. It was eery, but funny. Silly goose!
Lily and Dresden getting into the Halloween Spirit!
Sweet goofy boy!
I made a mask too, of course!!!
I realize this post was crazy and all over the place, but I thought I'd try something new and random, almost like a day in the life, only much less consistent, lol. Anyway, that's what we were up to this week! Hope y'all have a great weekend.
Love,
Cassie














You look gorgeous!!!! Way to go Cassie!! And the fact that you LED Zumba!! Amazing!!! Amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Kristen, that means a LOT!!! :-D
ReplyDelete