Auden wore her Jedi shirt (thanks, Auntie Nina!) in expectation of seeing Darth Vader...
Dresden and Daddy's dream-come-true!
After that, we went and watched Barbara (in the red poncho below) kill it as an angry villager in the marketplace in the Indiana Jones stunt show! It was pretty funny!
After this, we branched off so the childless of the group could do the "grown up" stuff, and we went in search of the beloved Disney Junior characters. On the way, we passed this awesome sign:
We stopped to watch a fun Disney Junior puppet show extravaganza with Jake, Doc McStuffins, Mickey and the Clubhouse gang and Sofia, The First. I was a bit disappointed because I thought it was going to be live characters, but I know Dresden enjoyed it.
And then, we met Jake himself!
After we met Jake, we had some time to kill before meeting up with the others again, and I had my hopes and dreams squashed to pieces when Alex made me persuaded me to audition for the American Idol Experience. I had no idea they took it so seriously! I sang "Sweet Dreams are Made of These" in front of a real-live stranger, which was the craziest most awkward thing I've ever done, and she wanted to hear a song with more range so she ASSIGNED me Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway", which I have NO clue how to sing. Which is why I had my shoulders up and tensed, and my hand in my pocket, just trying to get through the song and it's crazy notes (thanks a lot Kelly!). And then she let me have it! She said I had the "chops" but she felt like I wanted to be anywhere but there, and just wasn't "feeling the song". Well DUH! You sprung it on me and I was completely unprepared. I may still be a little bitter and shaken up by the whole thing. This is why we watch The Voice instead. If her chair had been turned I would have nailed it. Totally. Oh well, chalk it up to experience, right?!
After that debacle, we went and stood in line so Dresden could meet Mr. Incredible. Little did we know it would be Miss Auden with whom they were totally smitten, and likewise as well! I thought she'd be terrified, but she was flirting up a storm!
Mr. D with Mr. Incredible and Frozone!
That expression is priceless!
After Hollywood Studios, our little family headed back to Magic Kingdom (can you tell which of the parks was our favorite?) so that we could fulfill my dream of meeting Auden's dream of meeting the princesses!
Before we headed to their castle, Dresden and I rode the teacups which was very special for me, because they were my favorite when I was little. Dresden was NOT a fan, and yelled "I'M GETTING TEACUP SICK!!!" at the top of his lungs. We'll try again in a few more years! Ha!
The piece de resistance! My favorite (and Auden's, too), Cinderella!
As you can see, Auden was not in a smiley mood, which surprised me. She would prove to be saving those crazy smiles for Tinkerbell and Perinwinkle, whom she met a couple of days later! Dresden was a bit taken aback and speechless around the pretty princesses. It was rather adorable!
Aurora/Briar Rose/Sleeping Beauty (she explained to Dresden that she had three names, when he introduced himself as Dresden Grey LaFasto, hehe)
We were tuckered out after this full day, and headed back to the resort! The next day was a much-needed rest day around the hotel, to let our feet recuperate before we embarked upon Day 4! So, so much fun!
Love,
Cassie




No comments:
Post a Comment