...Dinos and holly! (Sorry you can't really see the holly well. I have a feeling there will en lots of pictures like this one in the future of this series, because little miss is just OVER holding still for any reason!)
We kicked off the Christmas pajama day with some awesome Christmas happenings. The first one, which I mentioned on Facebook, was my being gifted a Starbucks card in the Target parking lot. It was sitting on my driver's side window, just wedged in there in the little paper folder.
I was completely shocked, and of course it made me well up over the goodness that humanity can seem to possess every now and again. I fully intend to pay it forward myself; how could I not? It was the smallest, simplest gesture, yet it restored my faith and completely made my day!
Our second Christmas event was driving around to look at Christmas lights as a family. There were some beautiful displays this year, and Dresden loved them. He fell asleep last year in the car before he could even see any, so this year was kind of a first for him. We drank cocoa, (using my gifted card; I swear that was the best peppermint hot cocoa I've ever had. Kindness is delicious! Hehe) and listened to Christmas songs. It was really nice to be doing that as a family of four. I just can't wait until Auden is older and can see and experience them, too!
Well, this was the first of at least 12 Christmas posts, so stay-tuned! (Also, I feel I must clarify again this year that I realize the real 12 Days don't begin until Christmas Day. The pajamas are just a cute little countdown til Christmas, I suppose!)
Take care!
Love,
Cassie



No comments:
Post a Comment