I love the pictures of them together so much. They have that decided "Olan Mills" quality bc no one can focus enough to look at the camera when they are in each other's presence, so some sort of interesting decoy has to come from the side to catch their attention, hehe. I wouldn't trade it! They love each other so much, and love being around each other, which I would choose over the perfect shot any day! (Which is why our Christmas card took some finagling!)
I'm pretty excited about our first Christmas as a family of four!
Today at school, Dresden and his classmates "rode" the Polar Express (i.e. watched the movie in their pajamas) and got their picture taken with Santa. It cracked me up when Dresden said he saw Santa driving away at recess "wearing sunglasses in his red car." It didn't seem to faze his general opinion of the guy, so I guess we're ok! I'm still trying to figure out how best to dole out the magic of Santa to explain and enhance the experience. How do you make Santa real for your kids?
Dresden also gets to play the part of Joseph in their Nativity play. Oddly, he says only the innkeeper has lines, but I'm sure he will be just as remarkable as Silent Joseph. I'm excited!
Love,
Cassie



No comments:
Post a Comment