Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Visit With Santa Claus

Every year, my mom's old school has a pancake breakfast with Santa the first weekend of December. It is the easiest and fastest way for us to see Santa, so we always look forward to it. Well, this year, Icemageddon had other plans, and no one went anywhere the first weekend of December (well, except us, we were bold and daring and dropped Dresden off for a sleepover with Grammy and Papa!) Needless to say, it was rescheduled, and became a breakfast-for-dinner event this past Monday. Like I mentioned in a previous blog, I was pretty sure Auden would cry, but I was curious to see to what extent. First, I give you the seasoned Santa veteran pictures...

He is pretty much the cutest, jolliest Santa I have ever seen. 
He reminds me of those Santa figurines in stores. Dresden asked again for his remote-control alien (still panicking! A week before Christmas! GAH!)


This is one of my favorite pictures of Dresden EVER. He looks so grown up and handsome!


I think Santa had some modeling experience or some theatrical training, because he was pulling the best facial expressions purely for the sake of my mom's pictures. Love it!



Annnnd....without further ado! The screaming baby pictures. She is looking at her brother like, 
"How could you betray me like this?!?!"


The candy cane appeased her just slightly...


"WHO ARE YOU!?!?!"


Santa was very concerned we were traumatizing her and made me hurry to get her off of Mrs. Claus's lap. I think she'll be okay, other than a strong fear of bearded men well into her tween years! I got over it eventually; she will too, I think ;-)

Here she is, good as new, post-Santa experience.


Loving my Christmas-laden kiddos!


Dresden was making her laugh, as always!


Merry Christmas!!!



Can't wait to see her reaction next year!

Love,
Cassie





No comments:

Post a Comment