Friday, December 31, 2010

2010: Year In Review

January 2010 - Began my third year as a technical editor with Jeppesen. Alex continued to be a wonderful stay-at-home-dad taking care of Dresden. Poor baby boy came down with RSV, his first major time to be sick. It was awful, but he was a trooper and got well quickly.


Feb 2010 - Celebrated my first Valentine’s Day with my newest Sweetheart, and Alex too of course!



March 2010 - Mom came to Colorado for a week over her spring break and celebrated St. Patrick’s Day with us. We started plans for Dresden’s first birthday.


April 2010 - I celebrated my 28th birthday at Hacienda Colorado with Emily, JR, Alex, Dresden, Laura, Nick, Stephanie, Spencer and Tracy. Dresden had his first Easter and loved the plastic eggs.


May 2010 - I celebrated my first Mother’s Day! 



June 2010 - We celebrated Dresden’s first birthday with a pirate-themed party! At the end of the month, I turned in my two-weeks notice with Jeppesen after almost three and a half years of working there as a technical editor. Dresden started walking just a couple of weeks after his first birthday. Laura, Stephanie and I went to the Renaissance Festival, which was soooo fun.


(Steph not pictured, but behind the camera!)

July 2010 - We turned our lives upside-down and moved to Texas! We went to our Seven Sisters lakehouse in Arkansas and took Dresden swimming in the lake for the first time. He hated it. He also went on his first boat ride and LOVED that part. On July 31st, he got his first haircut.





August 2010 - I started the process for obtaining my teaching certificate, working the online coursework. Endured the Texas heat and wondered what the HECK was I thinking coming back here?! Sam was home from England and we spent many afternoons basking in her parents’ ‘cool’ tub - mahvelous!
September 2010 - A month full of me working on coursework for my teaching certificate, and Alex applying for jobs. Dresden officially says his first words, "bath", "clock" and "cuck (truck").
October 2010 - I joined the local Keller Pointe Rec Center to get serious about losing this weight for once and for all. We celebrated Dresden’s 2nd Halloween; his first Halloween to go Trick or Treating. He was an apprehensive, but brave little Frankenstein. Alex and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary.
November 2010 - Mom and I drove to Little Rock for a weekend to see WICKED with my aunts and my cousins Victoria, Amanda and Brooke. It was amazing. The rest of the month was spent with all of us having terrible head colds, Dresden included. It was awful. We drove to Russellville to spend Thanksgiving with Grandmother. The highlight of our trip was letting Dresden run around the toy aisles at Wal-mart. This was his second Thanksgiving, but the first year he could actually eat the food, and he really loved the cornbread dressing. I finished the coursework portion of the certification process. Oh, and ALEX GOT A JOB!!!! Serendipitously almost two years to the day he was laid off from Sage. Hallelujah!


December 2010 - Dresden Grey is a YEAR and a HALF, 18-months old. I cannot even believe it. He battled another bad bug with vomiting and fever for a week right before Christmas, but got better just in time to celebrate. We celebrated his 2nd Christmas in Russellville and at Greer’s Ferry. He made out like a bandit, and it was so fun because he has interest in toys this year. Alex worked his first full month at his new job, which is still in its inception and is so hush hush, they won’t even tell us the name of his company! 


2010 was definitely a difficult year for us in many ways, but we know it made us stronger and more prepared for the future; we are certainly not sad to leave it behind and are so excited about next year. We feel truly blessed going into 2011 and just know this will be a banner year for our family! We hope you and your families are blessed in 2011 as well. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment